Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

KF IV-1200 SOLD

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

SOLD!!!

I have way too many projects and am never going to have the time to get anything done on this unfinished plane. Plane has NEVER had an AW certificate so it needs final assembly before inspection. I have nearly all the receipts of what/when it was purchased and the build manuals. Radio and transponder along with all the other instruments are in the panel. I will go to town today and get another picture of the panel. I think the tach is the only thing missing and it is probably in one of the boxes of items needed for completion. The kit was originally purchased with all new instruments/engine and every available option at the time. Has the nice KF seat and the large cargo bag (still new in package).

1994 Kitfox IV-1200 with Rotax 912 80 HP (5 hours test run time only). Plane needs a very thorough going through and interior installed along with a major cleaning and double checking of all assemblies and mostly the FWF. 

I purchased this for my son (who ended up buying a 170B) and I have done next to nothing on it since bringing it home. I removed the heater cores and hoses to drain the coolant (stored in the extreme cold of northern MN and didn't want anything to freeze). Removed the prop (included) so it would fit in the hangar next to my 172. Removed float bowls to clean out the gunk that was from old gas, other than that, I have not done anything with the kit. It also needs a VERY good cleaning. The city redid the ramp at my airport this summer and the dirt/dust permiated everything I had in my hangar!

I have no idea of the time needed to get this flying since I have never totally built and had a kit inspected. Might be a good 'winter' project for someone.

Trailer not included, I made a removable assembly for my boat trailer to haul the plane. It worked great!

Plane is located in my hangar at Park Rapids, MN airport.

2015-12-9_Phone_Pictures_1649.thumb.jpg.

2015-12-9 Phone Pictures 1703.jpg

2015-12-9 Phone Pictures 1682.jpg

Edited by WWhunter
Sold
2 people like this

Posted

Just forwarded this to a buddy. Stand by...

Posted

Thank you Av8r3400!! Older age is coming WAY too fast! I really would love to finish this but time is flying and reality has set in. 

Posted

First one didn't go far. Working a second lead for you now. 

Consider putting it up on TeamKitfox?

Posted

There was a Lady on the TKF Site a while back looking for a kitfox 4. Not sure how serious she was.

Posted

Thanks again Av8R3400!!! I posted it on the Teamkitfox site yesterday also. Not sure how the heck I forgot to post it there.

This plane is definitely a project for someone that can devote the time to finish it. I think it would be a great project for someone as long as all the negative ninnies would quit bothering me. LOL

TJay, I think I saw her posting but maybe that was several weeks ago. Most people out there want a finished and flying plane. As you mentioned, not sure how serious she may be. I think there are 1,000 'tire kickers and dreamers' for one actual buyer. Hopefully the right person will come along and take this off my hands before I part it out.

1 person likes this