GSC 582 pitch setting

4 posts in this topic

Posted

After setting my GSC three blade prop  to the recommended pitch it will still turn over 6800 static. Does anyone know how many RPM'S will change per blade angle change?

1 person likes this

Posted

I know a degree can make a huge difference. Mine was pitched for climb and almost over revving on take off . I pitched for cruise with a warp drive 3 blade tapered tip and I'm at 16.5 and it works for me . Another thing is to get a tiny tach and check it against your panel tach. I had a tach in my panel off by almost 800rpm in cruise. I got a tiny tach and it showed the difference . I got a new gauge and it reads exactly as my tiny tach . I keep saying tiny tach but it was actually a cheap ebay knock off but it works great. I'm actually going to do away with it now that my new tach is in and reading right . I can send it to you if you if you want with those lights to give it a try. 

Posted

I had the same issue with my Dads last Avid. I used a Tiny Tach to discover the difference also.  Great little tach. Sure throw it in and I'll send it back or buy it from you. 

Posted

Will do I'm going out this weekend I'll take it off and send it out . I only used velcro to attach it to my panel . I think it only needed 3 or 4 wraps around my plug wire .