Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to buy split oilite bronze bushings

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a need for some 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD split oilite bronze bushings and I cant find them in any of my catalogs - Anyone know where to find them?  EDMO

Posted

Good try Nick, but another strikeout - seems like no one is selling SPLIT bearings or bearing halves.  I tried to split one myself, but not accurate enough on my cuts - I have some more to try on, but maybe I will order some MDS nylon and see if I can cut them to make them work.  This is bearings for my aileron belcranks, and I have to fit them on a continuous tube.  EDMO

Posted

Ed I suggest you use Rulon bushings, much better and slippery as hell.  I use them in my Q2 for elevator and aileron bushings and should be easy enough to split. Also they will last.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#rulon-bushings/=19fzkqi

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Paul,  I think they are also in my MSC or Grainger catalogs too.  EDMO

Posted (edited)

Paul,  I went to McMaster catalog and could not find "Rulon Bushings" - the link you posted was not in blue to click on it, but typed in name and "nothing found". - I found some (forgot code) (think it is Polyethylene?) with the right OD (3/4") in MSC catalog at $10 each - most are smaller OD.  Still thinking on different ways to get it done.  Maybe have a better way to split Oilite bushings?   Thanks,  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Ed,

highlight the link then right click it and it should give you an option to open it.  Took me right to the page.

try this link for the bushings

Edited by akflyer

Posted (edited)

Ed,

highlight the link then right click it and it should give you an option to open it.  Took me right to the page.

try this link for the bushings

Thanks Leni - Got it - Had been to that page but didn't see Rulon.   found them this time.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this