Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

fwf value?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I just purchased a mk4. Want to convert to a Yamaha what would be a fair price for a fwf 582 new never ran? 

Posted (edited)

To start with, the engine should be torn down and inspected and have new seals installed, being that it has sat as long as it has.  Second item is what gearbox is on it.  Both items will effect the price.  If it's been gone through, and has a C box, $3500 should not be out of line at all, in reality, actually maybe a bit low.  A new blue head is about double that, but then it's a new blue head, not a 25 year old gray head.  Also, it all depends on what the market is like.  More people wanting to go to 4 strokes and  away from 2 strokes.  JImChuk

Was just talking price on engine, noticed afterwards, you said fwf.  I suppose you mean mount and radiators, ect??

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

Correct mounts radiators everything fwf, except c box if it is which I think it is. Also has a three blade prop which is new and may not work for me.

Posted

Any offers?

Posted

FYI... here's a copy of the Craigslist ad I posted for a 582ul FWF a few years back. Sold very quick, buyer traveled from 2 states away.

Hello and thanks very much for your interest. I have available for immediate sale the complete FWF package off a Kitfox III. Features a Rotax 582UL DCDI 65HP Blue cylinder head model 99 liquid cooled 2-cylinder, 2-stroke engine and Rotax ‘C’ Gearbox with 2.62:1 ratio gear set, both of which were specifically developed for recreational aircraft. Provides outstanding power for weight performance and operates on automotive or 100LL aircraft fuel. This engine is a very strong runner and there are no known issues with this engine, gearbox or other items offered herein.

Includes everything firewall forward exactly as shown in the attached photos, plus Rotax double air filter, belly radiator and coolant hoses not pictured. (Note: CHT and EGT instrument senders are NOT included and are offered in a separate listing with instrument panel). I am also including the following additional items FREE making for a truly complete package:

1. Vernier throttle
2. Fuel primer system
3. Engine choke system
4. Battery solenoid

5. Extra pulse pump (for back-up)
6. Extra exhaust gasket set (for cylinder ring/carbon inspection through exhaust ports)

This aircraft engine is nearly new with only 68.2 documented hours! The engine was run-in following Rotax recommended break-in procedures, operated using Amsoil synthetic oil and maintained per Rotax recommended schedules since new. Easily passed all compression, carbon and bore scope checks at the most recent annual condition inspection less than 10hrs ago. New plugs and throttle cable carb boots installed, gearbox oil replaced and the ACS gascolator rebuilt with auto gas compatible gasket and SS mesh screen at that time as well. The stock unit has been replaced with a high output Key West regulator rectifier. The engine cylinders and carbs have been properly fogged with storage oil and all ports plugged. A coating of light oil has been applied to metal components as rust preventative while awaiting installation in your project.

I need funds for another aircraft project so I have priced this package at a <u>huge</u> discount to replacement cost for a fast sale. The cost for a bare 582 UL DCDI mod 99 engine and 2.62:1 C-box new is over $7500 at CPS today. That's before adding Rotax's optional (but necessary and expensive!) items like electric starter, radiator, air filters, injection oil tanks etc... yeah, it all adds up quick! No worries, you can buy this darn near new plug 'n play power package with extras for only $4750!

Posted

Wow you hade me sold:lmao:. Any offers?

Posted

Still have the 582 fwf for sale.

Posted

i have a line on any used 503/532/582 motor parts if anyone needs stuff.  I have a friend here in fairbanks alaska has shelves full of parts he would love to move out and make room for newer sled parts as that what he works on mostly now. 

Posted

i have a line on any used 503/532/582 motor parts if anyone needs stuff.  I have a friend here in fairbanks alaska has shelves full of parts he would love to move out and make room for newer sled parts as that what he works on mostly now. 

I could still use a 582 exhuste elbow, think he has one?

Posted

Most of his parts r sled motor parts, blocks,cranks,cyl,heads,mayb some electrical,ect.  Im not sure on the exhaust elbow i think thats more of an aircraft item, but ill check with him first of this week.