Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Double brakes

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking for a double brake peddle setup for a mk4, thanks

Posted

Looking for a double brake peddle setup for a mk4, thanks

Exactly what do you have and what do you need?  I have lots of extra Kitfox parts and pedals - Donno if same as Avid Mk4.  Photos really help.  EDMO

Posted

Will try to post pictures tomorrow, thanks

Posted

That was a long day, but hear is a picture of what I have

WIN_20171009_181220 - Copy.JPG

Posted

FYI the brake pedals on a kitfox 4-1050 are "back to front"to those used on a 4-1200.The geometry was changed which required a reversal of pedals.

Posted

I've got an assortment of Kitfox pedals that should fit, or be close to fitting, your bird.   I think C5Engineer or someone posted photos of an improved pedal that one of our members makes.   I have one set of Cessna 150 pedals that I planned to use on mine, and I may have another set for sale.  I cant tell what Master Cylinders you have - Could be Matco MC-1 or MC-5.  George at Matco can tell you if you can use them for dual brakes.  I have other MCs.  EDMO

Posted

Those are Matco MC-1's.  Out of production, but you can still buy rebuild kits.  As long as the rubber boots are in good shape, they should be serviceable.  Not sure if you can hook them up in tandem to have brakes on passenger side.

Posted

My instructor would like brakes on his side. I will call matco to se about going doul with mc-1 that I have.

I've got an assortment of Kitfox pedals that should fit, or be close to fitting, your bird.   I think C5Engineer or someone posted photos of an improved pedal that one of our members makes.   I have one set of Cessna 150 pedals that I planned to use on mine, and I may have another set for sale.  I cant tell what Master Cylinders you have - Could be Matco MC-1 or MC-5.  George at Matco can tell you if you can use them for dual brakes.  I have other MCs.  EDMO

Do you have a picture of the Cessna peddles? And how much?

Posted

My instructor would like brakes on his side. I will call matco to se about going doul with mc-1 that I have.

Do you have a picture of the Cessna peddles? And how much?

I will check on what I have and try to get a photo of the Cessna Pedals soon - I have several sets of different Matco MCs, but would need you to measure what length you need, and that could change if you use the Cessna Pedals.  I haven't set mine up to measure that yet.  Guess 4 for $100 including shipping?  EDMO

Posted

Has anyone even put double brakes on a Avid yet ? Are you flying to get signed off on the avid or going for your license ? 

Posted

Has anyone even put double brakes on a Avid yet ? Are you flying to get signed off on the avid or going for your license ? 

Pilots license

Posted (edited)

Lots of Avids and Kitfoxes have dual brakes.  Most of what I have seen use MC4 cylinders with a remote reservoir, but you should ask George at Matco which MCs will work with dual pedals.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Jared,  Here is a photo of 2 of my Cessna Brake pedals - I should have 8 - Also showing part of my other Kitfox & Avid pedal collection - I have more.  I have lots of spare parts if someone needs something.  EDMO

Brake Pedals.JPG