Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Model III Kitfox with Upgrades (Avail October)

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately I will be offering up our Kitfox III for sale (October).  We have come to the realization that maintaining two birds and two hangars just doesn't make sense anymore (financially and time wise) and the bride prefers the nose wheel and other creature comforts of the C150.

She currently has 100 trouble free hours (TT engine and airframe) and will have a fresh annual before she goes. 18K and includes trailer. 582 with 68" Ivo 3 blade C box. Located in Broadalbin, NY.

Some upgrades during the build:

High Wing LLC bush gear (wider and taller than the OEM and much more stable on the ground) - I love this gear!  High quality, powder coated with aluminum fairings.
8" Matco pnuematic tailwheel
Wide Body Kit with Model 4 doors.
Triple density foam seating
68" Ivo Prop.  
Increased elevator cord
Model 4 Rudder and vertical stab
Electric elevator trim
Aerothane Paint (Sante Fe red)
Two wing tanks (6 gal each with a 2 gallon header tank behind the seat)
Original Kitfox tow bar (allows you to tow the bird directly behind a vehicle)
Registered as EAB
Spare battery
Kitfox Ski's (though one needs repair - purchased them used that way as a project)
Cockpit heating
Belite Angle of Attack Instrument

Finishing work:

Got her in the air and still haven't finished a few things (mostly cosmetic)
* final interior install (side carpeting and rear deck fabric)
* Control stick grip handles (with integrated push-to-talk radio and trim buttons (current trim is on the dash))
* Finishing fairings on the lift struts (these are painted, just haven't added them in yet).
* Forward wing root fairings (need to make these, though have the pattern)

Other:

Wings fold, however this one has a very tight intersection between the flaperons and fuselage when folded (a known snag during the OEM changeover from Model II to Model III).  Wings can easily be folded with flaperons removed however (which takes maybe 30 minutes).  Fine for transport, but too much of a pain if done on a daily basis.  There are options to make this work, however I just didn't have the need and left it as it was.

Some images as:

APC_0044.thumb.jpg.766576a05843017bf39fcDSC_0044_(2).thumb.jpg.dfc8c3b77d2af4e5c015.thumb.JPG.c3e96706af1685725cb577810cDSC_0161s.thumb.jpg.ee3bd92fb998d95ac2e4DSC_0172s.thumb.jpg.2b9c24f5344635aa38c2

DSCN3986.JPG

DSCN3995.thumb.JPG.400aa9055dcca449048ce

IMG_3288.thumb.jpg.d6a1aad549188d2a6f4ff

IMG_3361.thumb.jpg.ca15a0b37cbf50acea1fd

Edited by LSaupe

Posted

Someone is going to get a seriously nice Kitfox! Wish this had been available when I was on the hunt I would have been all over it. Good luck with the sale. Mike

Posted (edited)

Added a few more pics above.  Plus a vid a passenger made late last Fall.

Edited by LSaupe
1 person likes this

Posted

Larry,  Nice plane and nice video, but I think you need a float rating!  Too much water for me to fly over.  EDMO

Posted

bahhhh...

Freedom_Fox.thumb.jpg.57e72c7e354ce37d5d

3 people like this

Posted

Very nice looking plane! 

Posted

Plane just sold. Sure am gonna miss her.  She will be on her way to Wisconsin soon.

Thanks again to all those who helped during the build process to make it such a great performing airplane.

Larry

Posted

Unfortunately some logistical snags prevented the new would-be owner from making the trip out to pick up the plane.  Bird is back for sale again.

Posted

Price Reduction to 16K

Posted

Awesome price for a super clean build with low hours, and arguably one of the nicest KF3s to come on the east coast market in several years. I paid $1k more for my used KF3 and had to put even more time and $$$ into making it airworthy, and always felt that was a bargain. Most of the good ones are west of the Mississippi, would love to see this one stay local.

Posted

Sold today.  On its way to TN.

Posted

Congratulations, Larry.  

Posted

Congratulations on the sale hope you enjoy the 150 just as much.

Posted

Thanks All.  It was tough to see her go.  The new owner elected to transport using a one way Penske rental truck.  They took off the wings and rolled her in.  For reference, it fit rather nicely and well protected from the elements.

DSCN5800a.jpg