Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTT Ivo ultralight inflight adjustable hub for std hub

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I want to put the Ivo prop back on my Kitfox because it is so much lighter than the Warp Drive. Any way before I order a new one from Ivo anyone out there want to trade? Mike

DSC00220.JPG

DSC00221.JPG

DSC00222.JPG

DSC00223.JPG

Edited by ppilotmike
Add ultralight model designation

Posted

why not keep the IFA?

Posted

Not trying to sabotage your deal but thst is the old old set up that Ivo no longer supports. I had that same front hub and when it died it cost me almost $500 to upgrade to the newer style motor and front hub. I'd of never bought it had I known it was no longer supported. 

Posted

I fly as a sport pilot because of my medical issues, so I can not use the IFA hub. No problem Joey I am beginning to realize this prop is real old and needs to retire so I think I will put it on Fleabay as parts. So I guess I am in the market for a new prop. Mike

Posted

If the IVO blades are still good, you could buy a standard IVO hub and go from there.  JImChuk

Posted

You can also run the prop as an electrically ground adjustable prop.   A simple label on the switch would work wonders.  Much like a placard on the throttle of a carbon cub.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey mike which ivo hub u lookin tor? I have an extra one its the old style one where u move the plate from infront to behind the prop blades. 

Posted

That brings up another issue.  With the old style hub, there was a different tang attached to the steel  rod that twists the blade.   The tang was basicly just a flat piece of steel.  The later style tangs have a 90% bend in them that fits into the groove in the big threaded adjuster rod for adjusting pitch.  I have one of those old hubs as well.  I think I still have the 3 old tangs that it needed.  Those hubs were way more difficult to adjust.   JImChuk

Posted

I think I am going to bite the bullet and get a new prop, the one I have is the older style with allen screws holding the adjuster tangs on the blades and one of them is worn out. Mike

Posted

Just saw this add on barnstormers.  He has several props that might work for you.   JImChuk

503 DC DI Fan cooled , 150 hours approx, choice of exhaust , also for sale is a b gear box, and some props, email for details Shipping and insurance on motor runs 180$ in the Continental US. • Contact Raymond K. Eichler, Owner - located Menifee, CA USA • Telephone: 909 732 3049 . • Posted September 29, 2017 Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

thumb.jpg?modified=1506742744thumb.jpg?modified=1506742891thumb.jpg?modified=1506743111thumb.jpg?modified=1506743210thumb.jpg?modified=1506743330

Posted

Thanks Jim I will check it out. Mike

Posted

Hey Mike what did u end up doing about ur prop delema? Ru interested in sellin the complete IFA prop u took off? 

Posted

Sold it on fleabay. Mike