HANGER FULL- KITFOX FUSELAGES & PARTS

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Because I got some bad news today - Cancer that will probably kill me in a year or so - I have to start thinking about lightening the load on my widow by starting to sell a hanger/shop full of stuff.   My choice would be for someone to bring a big rental box truck and a helper, make a decent offer, and buy the entire amount of plane stuff and haul it away in one big load.  The other thing is that while I am still able, to try to explain how I had planned to complete the scratch-built "Foxy Flapper" and controls with the EA81 engine which I imagine someone could replace now with a 4-cyl Sno-Go engine if that is what they want.  Kahle76 has seen how my simplified aileron controls are set up, but the only picture of the flap controls is still in my head.  Got a safe full of guns, but enough loaded ones on hand that you aint going to steal them!

Right now, I have 3 fuselages - One Foxy Flapper with almost enough parts to finish it except firewall metal, Lexan and fabric.  One nose-wrecked Kitfox 3 with parts & papers, One Raven clone of kitfox 1.  

2 sets of wings - one KF3 set with two tanks and tips and needs covering, and one KF modified to Riblett (KF4) design with extended leading edges, TIPS,  and 4 new tanks, one 12 gallon tank that was not leaking when removed from KF2 wing.

One set of KF3 flaperons, plus one other flaperon from KF1,  One set of FLAPS and fiberglass to cover them and One set of AILERONS to be fabric covered.

One Dave Johnson Reductions redrive mounted on EA81 modified engine with 75 hours since rebuild.  Extra Alternator for it, And 3-70" WD prop, Foxy has Grove 1500 spring gear and Nose gear - not currently convertible to tail dragger, but possible.  Got another spare EA81 engine (not converted) with 31K miles.

Too many Kitfox and other parts to even try to list - enough to be supplying parts for other builders!  Lots of parts I have forgotten about, and probably some I never needed anyway!  Got a new, never mounted 406 ELT kit complete - battery may need to be or soon to be replaced.

This is just a first notice - I need a little time to adjust to the bad news I got today.

I'm not gone yet, and have always and will still, enjoy your companionship and correspondence.   "Stay Tuned"   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Man Ed I'm sorry to hear. I really hope everything works out somehow. My step mother had the same diagnosis and was able to beat it . You're one of my favorite people on here and want you to be around way longer . 

Edited by chopndrag
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm very sorry to hear, Ed.  If you're serious about off loading some stuff I'll spread the word around a little for you.

Just don't jump into a coffin before you have to.  Who else is going to keep us in line around here?  Certainly not Leni...  

2 people like this

Posted

Horrible news ED Sorry to hear that, Glad I got to know you through this site.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys,  I was a lot sorrier to hear this than you - but reality is here.  Probably will start Chemo and maybe radiation soon, so may feel like shit after that - Really sorry I couldn't finish this bird after so many years invested in it - At least it has been fun.  Just got to see what the future holds, but it don't look good for me right now.   They are talking about 6 months of treatment and then make decision on more or just quit.  Oh, my widow will not be rich, so don't rush to take my place!  ;<)   Thanks again,  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Keep your head up Ed, strong will and hope can go along way. Also a few prayers from your friends can't hurt. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm very sorry to hear, Ed.  If you're serious about off loading some stuff I'll spread the word around a little for you.

Just don't jump into a coffin before you have to.  Who else is going to keep us in line around here?  Certainly not Leni...  

Larry, NO ONE can keep you in line - I know Leni tries tho!  I guess I am serious, but wont be able to ship other than small parts - I think I may have enough parts to almost build all 3 fuselages, got mount for EA81 and two Kitfox 2-smoke mounts, but no useable 2-smokes - just a "boat anchor 532". 

Mike Kahle,  Thanks - any help, thoughts, or prayers are appreciated.  Come visit again sometime when you are close.  Cheers,  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Damn mr, keep a positive attitude.   my dad had the 6 mo. Max given to him.  he hung in for 8 yrs.  Sorry to hear the news, will keep you and the family in my prayers and thoughts.

I dont even try to keep this rag tag group of misfits in line.  ya'll do a great job of doing that by yourselves. 

3 people like this

Posted

Hi Ed,  You have to stick around, who else can we tease about the nose wheel planes?  Sure sorry that you are having these kinds of problems, hope things work out better than you were told.  Keep your chin up and keep fighting.  JImChuk

3 people like this

Posted

Give 'em hell, Ed. You're a tough SOB, aren't you?  My thoughts are with you. Gotta get through the initial rounds so you can get back to the shop.

3 people like this

Posted

My thoughts and prayers are with you Ed.

2 people like this

Posted

Very sorry to hear this Ed.  Hang in there, doctors aren't nearly as smart as they think they are.  If I was a Vegas bookie, I'd give you way better odds than I would cancer!

Mark

3 people like this

Posted

Such tragic news Ed, keep strong and keep the faith.

1 person likes this

Posted

Best of luck to you Ed,do some research on the canibus oil, have read cases of it curing all types of cancer, of course the pharacies dont want you to know that, stay strong.

2 people like this

Posted

Many thanks to all of you.  Yes, I have heard about Canibus oil, but think the only thing it might do is to ease the nausea connected with Chemo, or reduce the seizures that some children have - Although Medical Marijuana to smoke is not legal here yet, I have read that you can get the oil, and maybe better, a pill of it, with a prescription here.   I will be talking to the docs about that soon.  Cheers,  EDMO

Posted

Sorry to hear that. Positive attitude and a strong will to fight has saved a good amount of people with cancer. Believe in your capacity to act for your own healing.

2 people like this

Posted

Sorry to hear Ed, prayers are with you and your family.

Mark J

1 person likes this

Posted

Fight it Ed, you can beat it! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ed I'm very sorry to hear this. Prayers ascending and positive thoughts headed your way. Just beat that SOB "C"!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry for the bad news Ed. Don't go down without a fight. We still need good guys like you around. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My wife has had a passion for studying alternative cancer treatments. In her briefing to me of what she has learned, I am convinced that there sure are many great avenues out there.  So many in fact that it would be hard to choose a plan.  I really do believe that some of those ideas are sound, and can tremendously supplement and increase the effectiveness of the big pharma / medical methods.

Please take some time to research those options, and I'll put a prayer in for ya... for healing yes, but even more a prayer that you will find your way to the plan of attack that will be the most effective.

Brett

Edited by MN Kitfox 2
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Oh, and I just about missed this because the title of the topic.

Think ya should change it to something like:

"Hey Boys, Got some projects I'll be selling because I'll be a little busy coming up here KICKING CANCER'S ASS!"

Edited by MN Kitfox 2
2 people like this

Posted

Oh, and I just about missed this because the title of the topic.

Think ya should change it to something like:

"Hey Boys, Got some projects I'll be selling because I'll be a little busy coming up here KICKING CANCER'S ASS!"

Thanks to all of you - This is my 4th fight with CA - I beat it the first 3 times starting 25 years ago - surgery is not an option this time, so may be feeling bad for a while - bear with me and I will try not to be a bear or a bore!  ;<)  EDMO

2 people like this

Posted

Don't know what to say Ed, best of luck with your upcoming fight. Cancer sucks. Mike

1 person likes this

Posted

Ed I don't think you can ever be boring . You're the kind of old codger I love hanging around at the airport. Full of knowledge and piss and vinegar!!! 

1 person likes this