Step 2, Build Magnum!!

83 posts in this topic

Posted

wow I love those jury strut attach brackets they are a 100 times better than what kitfox came up with.

Posted

wow I love those jury strut attach brackets they are a 100 times better than what kitfox came up with.

X2  EDMO

Posted

Today was right wing root ribs, basically a repeat of yesterday but went fast since I had the jigging already figured out from yesterday. My friend rick also came by to help as well.  Then I decided to install the trailing edge on the left wing. The kit did not supply enough material to do both wings, I had to order more. The inventory list even called out five 48" pieces of trailing edge? That only leaves 1 piece for the other wing? Oh well, just another bump in the Magnum road :)))

Photo Nov 15, 17 07 05.jpg

Photo Nov 15, 17 07 12.jpg

Photo Nov 15, 17 43 23.jpg

Photo Nov 15, 19 10 01.jpg

Posted (edited)

Surprises keep coming - That almost looks like a 3rd type of Magnum rear wingtip shape.  Probably safer for the eyeballs than the longer Finch pointed tips, and more efficient than the forward angled trailing edge tips, something like the Catalina.  Looks like my old Tri-Pacer in the back?  Original Paint still?  I've still got a nosegear mount for one.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Don't know anything about the older wing tips, just what cam with mine. Glad you think they will be efficient, maybe break the 110mph mark, wow! That's my hanger mates tri-pacer. Good old birds!! Not sure if it is original paint, but could be!

Posted (edited)

Don't know anything about the older wing tips, just what cam with mine. Glad you think they will be efficient, maybe break the 110mph mark, wow! That's my hanger mates tri-pacer. Good old birds!! Not sure if it is original paint, but could be!

It's not how fast or what you fly - Just how much you smile while flying!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

This is the “Finch” tip...Ed is right about dangerous!  I Think the idea is that they deflect the wingtip vortices further off the wing...or maybe they just wanted Magnum pilots to wear eye patches like Pirates? :lmao:

Ron

581D3538-B684-4BAA-AA99-D21A26B9A4AA.thu9C5E9872-AFDD-4073-88B9-4B18AB3BA7C5.thu

1 person likes this

Posted

This is the “Finch” tip...Ed is right about dangerous!  I Think the idea is that they deflect the wingtip vortices further off the wing...or maybe they just wanted Magnum pilots to wear eye patches like Pirates? :lmao:

Ron

581D3538-B684-4BAA-AA99-D21A26B9A4AA.thu9C5E9872-AFDD-4073-88B9-4B18AB3BA7C5.thu

Thanks for the post Ron - I was beginning to think that some might be thinking that the meds were affecting my thinking (what am I saying?) about there being 3 types of Magnum tips - Glad to have them validated.   EDMO

1 person likes this