Kitfox 1 Build

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Snow day here can't get to work guess I better work on the Kitfox pictures hopefully coming tonight.

1 person likes this

Posted

got a pretty good start on them there is a few finishing touches yet but for now I would say they are 5 footers which ain't bad for my first time sewing anything like this.

100_1327.JPG

100_1329.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

Well done, that looks neat

Posted (edited)

Looks good TJay!  Now you can make money sewing when you quit building!  Maybe get your $10 back?   ;<)   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Ok Boys I made some good progress this weekend. Got the glass cut and installed, Gas struts mounted, and door latch system figured out. I have struggled along time on the doors because I wanted to install vents but couldn't stand the thought of cutting a snap vent in a nice finished door. Think I come up with a great solution. I incorporated the vent into the latch, the latch has two positions the farthest one in locks the door fully sealed and the other one lets the door hang open about a 1/2 inch for some air. Hope it works.  Also built the latch that you need an Allen wrench to open from the outside, had to make a key for that one. Before anyone blows there top on seeing me put rivets into the air-frame take note that I have all them spots reinforced with little tabs that I welded in there earlier.  So far the fit and finish is exactly what I was hoping for. Lots of hard work building all these parts all coming together finally. Enjoy the pics.

100_1339.JPG

100_1341.JPG

100_1340.JPG

100_1342.JPG

100_1343.JPG

100_1345.JPG

100_1348.JPG

100_1349.JPG

100_1350.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks very nice, excellent work!

1 person likes this

Posted

great idea, I like it!  Nice handles too!  I love the forum to see how others have come up with elegant and functional solutions to the various problems. 

:BC:

1 person likes this