912, Late Kitfox Weights and ??? Parts

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here is a photo of a 912 water pipe - guess I could get the numbers from it if anyone needs it.  The Flaperon weights are for Model 4 and later, but could be shortened to fit early Kitfox and Avid models.  I have some voltage regulators or something for late Kitfox (912?) not pictured - need to identify.

I am hoping that someone can identify the two aluminum parts shown - guessing they may be for a 912?  ???  Does anyone need them? - Joey?

Might as well include the Cessna and Kitfox pedal and torque tube photos I posted for Jared - and I have more.

I've got lots of spares, such as round header tanks, the original Kitfox plastic nose tank, a 12 gallon wing tank, and 6" wheels, brakes, tires, tubes, gauges, wrecked Kitfox 3 fuselage and tail, Good set of wings with tanks, tips and flaperons, Raven Kitfox 1 copy fuselage and tail parts,  Just PM me for your Wants, or bring truck, cash and a decent offer for everything.  ;<)  EDMO

912 & Kitfox Parts.JPG

Brake Pedals.JPG

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Those are drip pans for the 912 carbs.

Posted

Thanks Paul.  EDMO

Maybe because of my Rotax ignorance - but why would you need a drip pan under a carb - are they supposed to leak?  EDMO 

Posted

That is a $100 question, Ed.  I don't have them and most people that do, take them off.  They are in the way of removing the float bowls and if fuel leaks into them they just spill anyway...

Post up a photo of the electronic 912 parts (regulator?) when you can...

Posted (edited)

Larry,  I'm not sure of what I have - one reg looks used - a Ducati with numbers 9408 and 343.20 and maybe some other numbers - it has a red series of ports on one side to plug some wires into.  The other looks new with yellow wires and is in a package with a schematic paper - it has one end fin broken and I think that is why it was not installed as a new part.  The numbers on it were 621601 and 0792 - a sticker on the package has number 9251 on it.  I have photo of both and scan of schematic which I will try to attach.  If anyone thinks they are worth something then they can make me a cheap offer.  Thanks,  EDMO

IMG_1709.JPG

Scan0464.jpg

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

I don't know what the yellow wired one is but the other is a Rotax Regulator for a 912.

I'll send ya $50 for it and the air filters...

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted (edited)

Think you are to late on the air filters Larry.  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted (edited)

Larry,  Jim Chuk has already bought the air filters -  he may want to sell them?  I don't know what they fit.  Try again on a price for the reg if you want it - it looks like it has been bolted, so cant guarantee - need some postage too, and PM your address.  I just noticed a 503 number at bottom right on the schematic for the other reg - wonder if that means anything?  Good Night all,  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I'll stay with the same $50 for both regulators. 

Since you're having trouble with your pm, drop me a direct email theav8rweb (at) yahoo (dot) com. 

Posted (edited)

Since you're having trouble with your pm, drop me a direct email theav8rweb (at) yahoo (dot) com. 

Larry, Jim said he could live without the filters if you want to give me the $30 for them, add in the regulators for $50 and $20 to ship Priority mail and we are looking at a $100 bill for all 4.  I still have room in messages for your address - I don't like email or phones if I can get by without that.  Thanks,  Ed

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Start the bidding war now........ Hahahaa can I be the guy doing the bleeebeieie bleeeooppe sold !!!!!!

Posted (edited)

Start the bidding war now........ Hahahaa can I be the guy doing the bleeebeieie bleeeooppe sold !!!!!!

No bidding war - Same price to anyone - Take it or leave it - really don't matter to me.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Are there any other numbers or anything on that oddball regulator besides the 503 ? 

Posted

Are there any other numbers or anything on that oddball regulator besides the 503 ? 

Look at the post of the schematic above and you will see all the info that I saw.  I don't know much about Rotax parts.  EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Got it . Sent you a pm

Posted

How big are the header tanks that you have ?

Posted

The filters would probably just sit on the shelf...  Just interested in the regulators.

Posted

If you don't want the 2 smoke regulator I'll take it . I have a old timer I'm trying to help get flying again with his little ultralight

The filters would probably just sit on the shelf...  Just interested in the regulators.

Posted (edited)

Larry, How about $30 for the 912 regulator including shipping, since I don't know if it is good?  Or $60 for it and the filters?  I can sell the other old style regulator to chopndrag to help his oldtimer friend.  I emptied my message folder, so plenty of room to send addresses now.   I may just start putting things on ebay and not worry about what price is offered, but wanted to give the members here first chance, as I usually do.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Done, Ed.  $30 for the questionable 912 regulator.

Send me an email with your address for a check to theav8rweb (at) yahoo (dot) com

Posted (edited)

Done, Ed.  $30 for the questionable 912 regulator.

Send me an email with your address for a check to theav8rweb (at) yahoo (dot) com

OK Larry - Glad that thread is about over - PM your address to me on messenger here and it will be in the Priority mail to you.  Send check to my address on the box when you get it.  Thanks,  Ed

Chopndrag,  Here is photo of Kitfox aluminum header tanks - measure about 6" diameter x 10" high - someone may know how much fuel they hold?  I don't know price on them, but my plastic Kitfox header tank was about $160-70?  Looks like one has fittings for dual wing tanks - the other may not - I need to check on that.  Check on prices and make offer with shipping for one or two.  I'm guessing about $75 including shipping for one, and both shipped for $125, but you may be able to make tanks cheaper?  The other regulator is yours if your friend wants it - when we get done, or whatever, send me a PM with your address.  I only have 2 free days this week before starting chemo, but next week might be OK.   These are probably shown upside-down?  No rush.   EDMO

Kitfox Header Tanks.JPG

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I'm confused, did the regulators and filters ever get sold or shipped? If not, I will send you a check tomorrow for the filters and 912 regulator, as I think mine went out the other day....:(

Jared in NC 

Posted (edited)

The regulators and filters, muffler and pipe got sold and shipped.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Here is a photo of a 912 water pipe - guess I could get the numbers from it if anyone needs it.  The Flaperon weights are for Model 4 and later, but could be shortened to fit early Kitfox and Avid models.  I have some voltage regulators or something for late Kitfox (912?) not pictured - need to identify.

I am hoping that someone can identify the two aluminum parts shown - guessing they may be for a 912?  ???  Does anyone need them? - Joey?

Might as well include the Cessna and Kitfox pedal and torque tube photos I posted for Jared - and I have more.

I've got lots of spares, such as round header tanks, the original Kitfox plastic nose tank, a 12 gallon wing tank, and 6" wheels, brakes, tires, tubes, gauges, wrecked Kitfox 3 fuselage and tail, Good set of wings with tanks, tips and flaperons, Raven Kitfox 1 copy fuselage and tail parts,  Just PM me for your Wants, or bring truck, cash and a decent offer for everything.  ;<)  EDMO

912 & Kitfox Parts.JPG

Brake Pedals.JPG

I ended up making some Cessna style peddles, thank you though. I would like to still buy one set of master cylinders though.