Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Message storage full ???

6 posts in this topic

Posted

My message storage is 95% full - How do I clean it out to start over?  Done this before on old site, but don't know how now.  Thanks,  EDMO

Posted

OK - Here is what I managed to do to empty all messages stored in my part of the site - I went to where my handle is on the top right corner - clicked on the down arrow and went to "messages" in the list shown and clicked on it - When the message board comes up, on the left side there is "My Conversations" and to the right of that is a gear or sprocket symbol - click on that symbol and one of the options is "empty" so with a click on that and an OK on the sign board that comes up to verify you want to delete all messages, your message storage is completely empty. 

Clear as mud?  Good Luck,  EDMO

Posted

I wonder if there was a way to delete just some of them.  I know you can do it one at a time, but that's pretty slow.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

I wonder if there was a way to delete just some of them.  I know you can do it one at a time, but that's pretty slow.  JImChuk

There are certain ones that are worth saving, and I try to print them - I guess I am just too busy or lazy to delete the ones that are just chatting until it is too much to do.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I am not sure how to delete them one at a time, or to choose multiple ones.  My page look a bit different that yours does.  I did however just poke around and found the settings for the messages.  Contributing members now have unlimited message capabilities and regular members can have 200 messages stored.  I will kepp poking around as time allows to see if I can figure out how to delete only certain messages.

:BC:

Posted

ok, so when you click on the message you should see a tab on the right ride of the screen that has the folder symbol and one that says message.  click the message tab and then click leave conversation.  It will then dump that message after you say say yes you want to do this.  I dont know if there is a way to select multiple messages and delete them at once or is you have to take them out one at a time or all at once.

:BC: