Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can you ID this Bi-plane?

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just nosey - saw it on this month's Kitplane mag and cant remember seeing it before, and no ID on lower left photo to go to charts to find it.  Thanks, 

Sorry, for strange posting - I got distracted and didn't put the scan of the mag cover on it the first time.  EDMO

Scan0465.jpg

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Interesting stagger wing concept

Posted (edited)

Interesting stagger wing concept

I thought it was unique - Maybe I wish I could have bought this nose-dragger kit 25 years ago?  ;<)  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Durand Mark V

All metal stagger wing biplane

Just nosey - saw it on this month's Kitplane mag and cant remember seeing it before, and no ID on lower left photo to go to charts to find it.  Thanks, 

Sorry, for strange posting - I got distracted and didn't put the scan of the mag cover on it the first time.  EDMO

Scan0465.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the info - All metal?  and how many rivets?  Ha!  Bet the price is nothing to laugh at, and I will be looking it up.  Guess I was better off with ragwings.  EDMO

Posted

Looks like it's a plane that isn't being built anymore. Gross weight was like 1800lbs . It would be neat but a hyperbipe would be way better to build off of . You could tube and fabric that plane.  

1 person likes this

Posted

plans built plane.  last entry was 1998 with 91 plans delivered and 9 aircraft flying.  Almost looks like something Jim Bede would design but he didn't.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks like it's a plane that isn't being built anymore. Gross weight was like 1800lbs . It would be neat but a hyperbipe would be way better to build off of . You could tube and fabric that plane.  

Strange that they would put an obsolete Kit on the cover when the New Homebuilt directory is the main topic of the mag?  I was just curious - thought maybe it might even be a 4-place?  EDMO

Posted

Nope just a 2 place from what the site said . Doesn't look like much is going on with them but maybe someone is trying to re-vamp it ? 

Posted

While we're asking questions, whats the pointy sharp one at the top right? 

Posted

PT6 powered Venom Legend.  Link

Posted

That is the Durand Mark V, the all metal negative stagger wing biplane.  I have shown the Mark V at Oshkosh for the past two years.  See my wA1_final_assembly.thumb.jpg.b7afd5c8903dairventure20.thumb.jpg.dd933e793c6d07b9eairventure10.thumb.jpg.96bcfe2385e3c204c5b6ad1cd25c97_Eric_Hickeys_Durand_Mark_Vwebsite www.durandmarkv.com