Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Time for skis?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

This was my view out the front window this morning here in balmy northern Mn.  I better finish up installing the plow on the pickup..... Last year I flew on skis on Nov. 20.  Earliest ever.  Wonder about this year.....  Total accumulation today expected to be 7".   JImChuk

Photo1408.jpg

Posted (edited)

First frost / Freeze coming to STL tonight - You can keep your snow!   Skis?  Are you talking about water-skiing down South this winter?  Just kidding - I have lived in Michigan and Alaska.  I have some faint, distant, high-school memories of riding in an old convertible with no top when it was 19F and a foot of snow on the ground!  I learned how to ride my first motorcycle that winter too.  The young have fun!  ;<)  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with snow. We were in the upper 40's the last 2 nights and that's cold to me . 

Posted (edited)

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with snow. We were in the upper 40's the last 2 nights and that's cold to me . 

COLD, is -70F with winter winds at Fort Wainwright in Fairbanks Alaska!  Colder than Barrow, Ak.  Been there too!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Come on up someday and ski fly off of the 30,000+ water areas  (many remote with nothing but deer and moose as habitants) and you might see snow in a new light!

1 person likes this

Posted

Come on up someday and ski fly off of the 30,000+ water areas  (many remote with nothing but deer and moose as habitants) and you might see snow in a new light!

x2.  Nothing with your clothes on is more fun than ski flying!  We got a couple inches then it started raining.  Guess I will be waiting a bit longer to go onto ski's. 

:BC:

Posted

I like visiting snow but now all the metal in my body from way to many surgeries doesn't help. I had a couple plates and about 20 or so screws added to the list 3 years ago . I was at my brothers last year when the big snow storm came through and dropped the temps to the high teens. Wow my arm was killing me and I swear I could feel the metal freezing haha. 

1 person likes this