Headset Jack Location

14 posts in this topic

Posted

My Jacks are located behind the seats and I'm thinking of moving them closer to the panel. Where do y'all have your jacks located? Where would you recommend locating them to? Thanks, Bryce

Posted

Mines on the floor tucked under the passenger as close to the middle as possible. I figure the wires coming almost directly up keeps them free and clear of everything. I had it in the back but got sick of reaching back to turn it on .

1 person likes this

Posted

Mine are on the left and right sides of the panel.

Posted

Leni, do the cords get in the way when entering/exiting?

Posted

no sir.  I hang the head sets on the throttle and have never had an issue getting in or out of the plane.  Worst case you unplug them when you get in and out.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Put mine behind the seat to keep the cords out of the way of the sticks, throttle, etc.  I love the setup...

Seat.thumb.jpg.76dd20466ab51eb54eecb52ac

2 people like this

Posted

Also have mine behind the seat, haven't tried it yet but it sure looks nice siting in my garage.

100_1101.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a sigtronics 2 place intercom so I don't have separate jacks . I just plug into it and at that's where they stay . I found I like it better on the floor against the seat support on the passenger side . The wires just come up and done . Plus for the price I got the headset and intercom for I can't complain , it's also nice having the 3.5mm jack to plug in to . It ended up being clearer then my old icom intercom ? 

1 person likes this

Posted

I also have a sigtronics intercom, I have it mounted in the instrument panel.  My 7" tablet with the Avare GPS sits right on top of the intercom.  Cords do kind of get in the way, but I live with it.  Things weren't completely done when this pic was taken.  Still aren't yet for that matter.  :lmao: JImChuk

Photo0612.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Between the seats on mine, and I like it because they never are in the way getting in and out or across your lap while flying.

Posted

Randy,

That's a great idea. Where between the seats is it? Thanks,Bryce

Posted (edited)

Randy,

That's a great idea. Where between the seats is it? Thanks,Bryce

Randy has Cabellas boat seats in his - like mine - not much room between mine, but I think his bird is wider than mine.  He posted a photo of his seats once - I failed to get a photo of my new ones when they were in the plane and now they are back in the original boxes.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Yah, I thought about that later.  I had the intercom mounted on the tubing ahead of the seats where the nose gear receiver tube was on my MKIV. It worked good there too.

Edited by SuberAvid
1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Randy:BC: