Spring Loaded Avid Nosegear attachment 4 Sale

21 posts in this topic

Posted

This nose gear is no longer made.  It sold for $1000 new.  They are rare.  This one was rusted at the top connection and needs repair there.

How about $250 + shipping.  Guess now I will never use it.  EDMO

IMG_1658.JPG

Posted

Make one of those fancy bush tail wheels out of it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Make one of those fancy bush tail wheels out of it.

That would be the last thing a Nose-dragger would do!  Ha!  EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I forgot to mention, that this nose gear was also made for the Challenger - The Avid nosegear is a little heavier built, but should work for the Challenger too.  The Challenger was shown in the video which I cant find now.   The maker closed the business.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hi Ed,

Do you still have this nose wheel?

Chris

Posted (edited)

Hi Ed,

Do you still have this nose wheel?

Chris

Yes I do Chris.  $250 + shipping if you want it.  I cant mail for at least a week or two.  I Will get shipping and send you pm with my address - if you want it, give me your Zipcode, or PM your address to me and I will ship it with your OK.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Thanks Ed it is for a friend. Pretty sure he wants it for a Genesis. How badly rusted is it? Structural or just cosmetic?

Chris

Posted (edited)

Thanks Ed it is for a friend. Pretty sure he wants it for a Genesis. How badly rusted is it? Structural or just cosmetic?

Chris

Chris,  If I was putting it on something I would either weld it to the pivot tube or make sure no water gets in it.  I think the pivot tube was rusted enough to give way on hard landing or something - the crossbolt is still holding in the nosegear tube.  A short piece of inserted tube might be needed.  Also some minor straightening of the forks and MAYBE weld a reinforcement piece on the sides of them to make them stronger?  Otherwise, it is a useable part, and probably the last chance to ever buy one.  Ed

Edited by EDMO

Posted

looks like a pretty easy part to make if they are in demand. 

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Easier to repair than to do all the research and testing to build one.  You couldn't build one for to sell for $250 - I doubt if you can even build one for that if you include the Grove nosewheel, tire and tube. 

These sold for $1000 originally.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm a bit confused. Are the forks or any part of it bent? Still trying to understand if it is straight and structurally sound with surface rust only or bent and structurally compromised from metal lost from oxidation (serious rust)

Thanks Ed!

Chris

Posted

Maybe a couple more photos?? If its straight and structurally solid we can definitely put it to use.

Posted (edited)

Maybe a couple more photos?? If its straight and structurally solid we can definitely put it to use.

Chris,  Here is about best I can do with 2 more photos - I believe it is structurally sound - legs are slightly bent and there is some rust in tip of attach tube which both can be easily fixed.  Crosstubes are sealed with Nylon plugs.  This is just the way I got it.   Extreme cold snap coming tonight for about another week - My lungs hurt too bad out in cold so have to wait until it warms up again to box and get shipping on it.  EDMO

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1725.JPG

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hi Ed,

looks like we can make it work on the Genesis. We’ll take it.

chris

Posted (edited)

Hi Ed,

looks like we can make it work on the Genesis. We’ll take it.

chris

OK Chris,  send me a PM with address and I will get shipping cost and let you know.  I would like to see some photos/videos or reports on how good it is when it gets installed.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hey Cap’n-

Did Chris pick this up? If not...I’ll take it

Posted

Hey Cap’n-

Did Chris pick this up? If not...I’ll take it

Yes, ChrisB got it for a friend to put on a (Genisis?).  EDMO

Posted

Rats

Posted

Max who I bought the wheel for is not using it for the Genesis after all. I think he prolly wants to keep it, but I will ask (if I remember) if he wants to sell it. He also lurks here but doesn't post. Maybe he will see this post and bring it up with me if I forget to as him.

Chris

Posted

Was there ever a “final final” on this? I’m still in the hunt 

Posted

If someone could tell me what springs were used I could make the nose gear. I've talked to a buddy at work about making it and various other parts for planes. We have acces to a laser cutter and a cnc mill etc.

1 person likes this