Shop Updates

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey foxflyers!

I am going to try and post regularly on this thread with updates and news at the Avid shop. Feel free to ask questions, make comments, and enjoy!

This week we finally got the website up and running. I am still setting up search engine optimization so it is difficult to find on Google unless you type in the exact URL. Check it out!

www.avidkitplanes.com

In other news, we hung up and organized the masters for all sheet metal parts on the Mark IV today. Things are slowly taking shape here and I anticipate we will be welding in a few weeks. 

More updates to come.

Happy flying!

Mark Mendick

mmendick@avidkitplanes.com

20171029_144520.thumb.jpg.900ae96fcd93c520171029_144531.thumb.jpg.67f3075e2c8d97

8 people like this

Posted

Hey Mark,

nice progress you have made. There is a little detail on your website I am puzzled about: I am not sure a 100% but I believe the avid picture under the avid MK4 tab is in fact an Avid model "c"....

Let me know if I am wrong....

Keep it up, cheers Laurent

Posted

Yes, Joey's Avid is a "C" model. 

Posted

My Mark IV is not complete and therefore not photo ready. I didn't want to steal pictures from Google and did not get a very good response when I asked for pictures back in August/September. The picture will get updated when I am able to gather a few Mark IV pictures that are good quality. If any of you are willing to send me a few to use, that would be great! The only ones I have are from Joey's model C or old photocopies dating back to the 1990's. I appreciate everyone giving input and being so observant. Let me know if there is anything else you see that may need some fine-tuning.

Posted

Lots of sites have a gallery of photos, so if you get a number of pics, but only use one on the MK IV page, you  could stick the others there.  JImChuk

Posted

Nice looking website, Mark! :flag:

Posted

Jim Chuk's MkIV is a real nice-looking bird - Someone has a photo of it.  EDMO

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks Ed,  I sent in a couple of pics JImChuk

Posted

Thanks Ed,  I sent in a couple of pics JImChuk

I thought of yours because you put the Avid Logo on it - and it is nice looking.  You're Welcome,  EDMO

Posted

Thanks to everyone who sent more pictures! Lots of great looking planes.

Posted

Hi Mark,

I just tried to send some via email, five of them @ 2+mb each. hopefully it worked.

Posted

I was just on the site, and they have a nice looking MK IV shown on there.  Wonder where they got it? :P  JImChuk

PS  the photo gallery would be nice also.  

2 people like this

Posted

Great looking site Mark. I emailed you with photos of my plane also. I sent one of mine on the trailer. I have a couple of photos with the wings folded I will send you.

How as a group can we help Avid Aircraft out?  Are you in need of anything. 

Thank you Mark and good luck in your new adventure. 

Vance

1 person likes this

Posted

Avid Update:

Raw materials for flaperons are in! It won't be long before a few sets are built and ready for kits or parts orders! Materials for STOL wings are on order as well. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and safe travels to those on the road or in the air this week.

Mark Mendick

mmendick@avidkitplanes.com

4 people like this

Posted

That's good news Mark. Thank you for the update. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. 

Posted

All great stuff Mark except that pic of my plane is old as heck! Please use one of it on 27s without that hideous side scoop. Big tires are all the craze right now. Here's a couple pics that you are free to use of my true MK4 that shows the trailerimg capability. 

IMG_9789.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_8032.JPG

IMG_5303.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Are you planning to keep avid original or are you gonna update to the kitfox style wing along with the sleek look of the newer planes (kitfox and justaircraft) ? just curious

Edited by TJay

Posted

hello, glad to see avid production will start again ! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Happy New Year to you all from Avid!

At the manufacturing shop we have been very busy making ribs for both speedwing and STOL wings. Flaperons are next and an order of steel should allow us to weld up our first fuselage before the end of the month. It is very exciting to finally see progress being made. I am also in the process of acquiring jigs to make a new landing gear configuration used by many - a cabane "v style" with shocks built in. This will allow a higher, wider stance for the Mark IV and gives owners the option for larger tundra tires.

I have to admit that I have been absolutely swamped with emails from Avid enthusiasts near and far. It is great to hear all of the stories and see pictures. Many have asked about parts orders and I have tried to respond with a quote or time frame. If you have not seen a response, please don't hesitate to bug me again. I will do my best to respond to everyone within a day or two. I am excited for Avid's future and hope to make 2018 one for the books.

Blue skies and tailwinds!

Mark Mendick

3 people like this

Posted

That’s great news Mark. Keep up the good work. 

:BC:

Posted

Good Luck, Mark!

We're all pulling for ya!

Posted

Hello Mark,

nice to see, that someone make a good job! You did it :BC:

I hope we can get replacement parts and other things from your shop.

Best regards from germany

Martin

www.avidflyeraircraft.de.rs  (avid flyer type certificate holder germany)

Posted

All,

Ribs, ribs, and more ribs! STOL and speedwing ribs are complete and spars are on the way. Wing kits and piece parts will be available soon. Flaperons are in progress this week and next.

Feel free to email if interested in ordering parts.

Keep warm, fly safe, and have fun!

-Mark

20180111_173904.gif

3 people like this

Posted

Looks great Mark!  Keep up the good work. 

Posted

Mark,  Are you going to have the 15" wide fiberglass for leading edges?  Price?  EDMO