Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yamaha 4 stroke engines for sale

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all, an outfit that I get stuff from has a couple of Yamaha 4 stroke engines for sale from wrecked snowmobiles. One is a 3 cylinder  2006? Apex engine, with about 4000 miles on it.  The other one is a 4 cylinder RXI 2005 with just under 3000 miles.  Both engines are carbureted engines and they would come with carbs and wireing and computer.  $1500 each.  If you are interested, contact me with a PM, and I'll give you his contact info.  I was just there today getting some other stuff and I asked him about engines.  JImChuk

Posted

I wonder what else would be handy to have off the sled, Verse buying just a engine? Where are the motors located, for shipping imfo.

Posted

The engines are in northern Mn.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Sound like great deals to me!   There would be some extra parts to buy on ebay, but only a few hundred dollars worth.

Only concern would be that the motor couldn't really be tested, so a little gamble there.

Note: The 3cyl would be a model that would not work with teal's skytrax kit.  Very few of these have been converted, and there is not much support available in converting them (at this date).  But I assume this will change soon (see william langford's posts over in the Yamaha Aero Engines Facebook Group)

Edited by MN Kitfox 2