Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How many MPH does a belly radiator cost?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Been wondering this myself, and have seen others ask the same question.

Has anyone ran a belly radiator like mine pictured, then either added an aero fairing or moved in the cowl and noted a speed difference?

Mine is sure a big beastly spoiler (oversized monster to keep the old subaru cool).  I'm betting it costs 5 mph.

20171107_113645.jpg

Posted

Oh and for you boys down south, that's an ice auger hanging on the wall.... good for when I go out fishing for ice....  afterall, they named it "ice fishing" because of what you usually have to show for yourself!   LOL

Posted

Oh and for you boys down south, that's an ice auger hanging on the wall.... good for when I go out fishing for ice....  afterall, they named it "ice fishing" because of what you usually have to show for yourself!   LOL

Can't help with the radiator question. However, for best results, you need to use the correct bait when ice fishing. Open up a can of peas and set it next to the hole in the ice. Sooner or later, a fish will come up to take a pea. Smack him with a club and wait for the next one.... :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No first hand info on the radiators, but drag is drag, whether it's air being forced through the cowl and radiators there, or thorough the radiator down below the plane.  Funny thing, you would expect a lot more drag from the big round cowl on the Kitox verses the later style cowl many Kitfoxs are using now.  Not sure it made that much of a difference.   JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer
1 person likes this

Posted

.... shoulda posted this in jokes...

Anyhow,  the frequency of fish I catch is often close to what that "pea method" is good for. 

My kids love going out with me, but tell me to test the bite and if it is just gonna be 'fishing' then "keep trying on your own and let us know when it gets to be 'catching', then we'll come along!"

:wacko: