Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuel Tank Suppliers

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Are there still any suppliers for the early model Kitfox replacement fuel tanks?    Specifically for the undercamber wings of the Model i --> III?

Posted

I got mine through Kitfox but did have to pay dearly for them. Well over a thousand bucks by the time they arrived.  I wish you could buy directly from the maker I hate nothing more than a middle man thinking they deserve a huge cut for doing next to nothing. 

Posted

Isn't there a guy out in Idaho making the tanks?  I can't remember his name, but we talked about this about a year or so ago.  I can't remember his name right now,  but he may have even posted here.  Search the archives perhaps.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Not sure if you would want a used Kitfox 2 - 12 gallon tank- It didn't leak when removed with 80 hours on plane, because I had scrapped the plane and bought 4 new tanks from the guy who used to make tanks for Kitfox (now out of business) - I never put E-Gas in it.  Personally, I would clean it and use CASWELL in it before installing.  I think I could get it sent to you for $200?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Get ahold of Stace Schlader from Ridgerunner. He makes the poly tanks. They are slightly smaller but will never rot due to ethanol fuel. 

Posted

Thanks All.