Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fish Creek Lake Flyin

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Guys, I just got this email. Looks like we are going to invade the lodge this weekend. Maybe we can come up with some fun stuff like STOL contest, spot landing etc to have some fun on the lake.

Welcome to

Grizzly Joe’s

1st Annual Spring Fly-In

Saturday, March 27th and Sunday, March 28th

Cost is $100 per person and includes lunch on Saturday,

fabulous steak and shrimp dinner Saturday evening,

a cozy warm cabin, brunch on Sunday

and weather permitting, an 8 x 10 photo of your plane with the beautiful Mt. McKinley in the background.

Lunch and beverages will be available for day guests.

We’ll have ice fishing equipment available, the sauna will be fired up AND guests will receive a 25% discount on each additional night’s stay with all meals provided.

Come and join us for the weekend, have a toast to the end of winter and say cheers to spring and the new friends made.

Grizzly Joe’s Fish Creek Lodge can be located at

Upper Fish Creek Lakes (see attached map)

GPS Co-ords N61°57.602 W150°57.839

Please R.S.V.P. A.S.A.P. to

grizzlyjoe@alaskafishcreeklodge.com

Non-alcoholic beverages will be provided, feel free to bring alternative refreshments. We’ll keep it cold for you.

Sorry, no refunds will be made for cancellations or inclimate weather. We will, however be happy to apply your fee to a future stay on the date of your choice.

Posted

Leni,

Sorry for wimping out on you last Sat. I made the mistake of listening to the weather forcast; winds 30 to 40 by afternoon.hammerhead.gif It didn't seem to really materialize at ground level though so it might have been fine, but I guess I am just too big of a chicken.

Did you make it and how did it go?

Randy

Posted

Leni,

Sorry for wimping out on you last Sat. I made the mistake of listening to the weather forcast; winds 30 to 40 by afternoon.hammerhead.gif It didn't seem to really materialize at ground level though so it might have been fine, but I guess I am just too big of a chicken.

Did you make it and how did it go?

Randy

You were not the only one that listened to the forecast and wimped out. There was AKFLYERBOB in his Kit Fox, my brother in his pacer, me in the Avid and two other guys from Anchorage flew in with a PA11 as well as a pretty good size party that rode snow machines in. Was a beautiful day flying up Saturday, but Sunday afternoon a pretty good snow squall hit. We just beat it out of there. As usual, we had a great time at the lodge, spent way too much time in the bar throwing darts and rolling dice. The cabins are real nice to stay in!

:BC:

Posted

Leni, Did you get any pics from this trip or is this the only one?party.gif

Posted

Leni, Did you get any pics from this trip or is this the only one?party.gif

got pics but they are at home. I thought I downloaded them to my laptop before I came to work and I was going to post them, but it seems the did not transfer.... Will get some posted up next week.

:BC: