Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

sloshing-again

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok I have decided to try the caswell stuff on a 15 gallon FG tank in the wing of my avid. My questions, I figure there are baffles in the tank is there any special way to get the epoxy around the baffles to the end of the tank? I bought a qt which is supposed to do up to 20 gallons should I get more to make sure there is enough being moved around? It has been in the 50-60 degree range will that be a problem in setting up? I do have a kerosene heater that I could aim at the wing as I turn it . What about doing two full coats? The leak was showing up at the pivot pin area for the wing so I am thinking it is in the trailing edge area of the tank, 

THanks guys would have been better if it happened during warmer weather I guess just wondering if it is doable now.

Posted

I not sure I would do 2 coats unless the directions say so. I would worry about the second coat letting loose from the first.

Posted (edited)

I don't know about temperatures - use it according to directions.

Just turn the tank every way but loose, and take time to let it run everywhere.  When you finish, and set the wing level to dry, be sure and wipe around the top inside of the filler neck - We had a job trying to put the cap on once because of the stuff being there. 

For the first few hours after use, be sure and check your filters and gascolator - we had tiny bugs of it show up in the gascolator in an Ercoupe - looks like tar specks.   Maybe ours didn't cure good?   Maybe sloshing a gallon or two of gas and draining it out of tank before hooking it up?    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Oh yes - take your screens and drains out of tank and replace them with plugs before sloshing - make sure holes are clear before installing them again,   EDMO