Checking out an Avid

33 posts in this topic

Posted

In my experience, insuring your experimental plane for training is the single biggest impediment to what you propose, assuming you want to protect either your assets or your aircraft investment. Can't do it if it's simply not available. Everything else is just writing a check.

Posted

Just some thoughts from up north.  Maybe plan on going for an adventure this weekend and see is this dude will take you up for a few laps around the field, you may just get into this bird and say this plane is not for me.

As far as your training time,  I think I had 4 hours in the log book when I purchased my first aircraft, best decision I made in regards to flight training.

regards Joe

Posted

feel free to shoot me the pics as well and I will look them over.

:BC:

Thanks. Have you seen my PM? Any feedback?

Posted

Yes I did look at the pics.  I can't speak about the Jab engine, others here have talked about that.  Looks to me like a C model with MK IV upgrades.  At least the doors are C model doors but it looks to have the speed wing and MKIV cowling and rudder.  I would for sure get it checked out by someone that knows Avids and have an instructor or competent Avid pilot take it for a spin before buying.  The only speed wing I have flown was an extended one and I loved it. 

:BC:

Posted

Thanks, Akflyer. Jim had a similar comment and wonder if it is really a full MK IV. I will check it out and get more pictures. Is there any specific areas that I should photo? Thanks a lot.

Posted

There's still an Avid Yahoo group????

Posted

Ya, a few diehards left there.  It shows up on my email, so I'm still there.  JImChuk