Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IVO Props on 912's?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I have had very good performance and trouble free use from my 3 blade 72"  IVO Medium IFA prop on my Subaru.  I have compared it to my 72" Warp Drive and Jack's 72" Whirlwind on my plane and the IFA adjustability give is better performance than either of these on my plane.  I can't say that I have heard much about them being used on the 912's though.  Does anyone know if they have trouble with them on the 912's?

Posted

I know several 80 hp 912 owners running 3-blade ultralights with good results. 

In the 100 hp range, I only know one medium operator.  A manual adjusting 3-blade on a Sea-Ray.  That's such a terrible performing plane that I don't think any propeller model would help it. 

Posted

I went with the Warp 72 for my 912 Zipper for a few reasons, would love to have the IFA Warp but at my age I may want to go with LSA? Also at the time delivery on the Ivo was poor and the cost was a factor.  All the said I sure would love to try one, I liked my Ga UL Warp. So that was a long way around to not answering your question.  If I see one at a good price I might pick it up.  I do have a Warp 72 UL for sale if any one is looking for one for a 912 80 Hp. Ok, no answer and an attempted thread jacking sorry Randy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the responses.  Ha,ha, no problem Paul.

Posted

I've got the 3 blade 72" Ivo medium on my Avid with 912ULS and it's smooth as glass.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wypaul,  you said in your last post that you had a Warp 72 UL for sale.  Did you mean an IVO UL?   3 blade?  What condition, how much, pictures?  JImChuk

Posted

Yes Jim, another senior moment Ivo 3 blade 72" for a Rotax 80 hp 912.  Let me do a little research and get back to you on the price, it will come with the spinner in excellent condition.  I will get some pictures.

Posted

The Ivo Ul standard pitch 3 blade prop and spinner for 912 are for sale for $350 plus shipping.  I will try to get px today and start a new thread.  You have first shot at it Jim.  Also I noticed that I never posted the Safety for the elevator trim Jim and I will get that up on that thread.

Posted

I've got the 3 blade 72" Ivo medium on my Avid with 912ULS and it's smooth as glass.

Thanks Birddog.  How does it perform and have you been able to compare it with 912's using other props?

Posted

Thanks Birddog.  How does it perform and have you been able to compare it with 912's using other props?

I'm not sure how it compares to other Avids but I have it adjusted for max 5500 climb RPM at 1500FPM solo and cruise at 100 at 5000RPM.

I've used two different wood props, a Warp and Powerfin on other light planes and the Ivo seems to be the smoothest.

Posted (edited)

I used an Ivo, warp, and kiev on my mkiv last year. All very close in length and set to same static rpm. Kiev was by far and away the best, then warp, then Ivo in a distant third. Ran smooth but took noticeably longer to get the tail up and get off the ground, I HATED it after running the Kiev

Edited by Neloner