Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wanted: Kitfox GSC Aluminum Spinner Backer Plate

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking for an older Kitfox (Model II or III) aluminum backer plate for the prop spinner (the stamped plate that goes between the prop shaft and prop) that the large aluminum spinner attaches to.  If you have one please let me know what it is worth to you. This is an original Kitfox kit supplied item for use with the GSC.

Friend of mine just picked up a Model II, he has the spinner (loose) but unfortunately he is unable to locate the backer plate and was hoping someone had one laying around there shop/hanger that they were willing to part with.

Larry

Posted (edited)

Looking for an older Kitfox (Model II or III) aluminum backer plate for the prop spinner (the stamped plate that goes between the prop shaft and prop) that the large aluminum spinner attaches to.  If you have one please let me know what it is worth to you. This is an original Kitfox kit supplied item for use with the GSC.

Friend of mine just picked up a Model II, he has the spinner (loose) but unfortunately he is unable to locate the backer plate and was hoping someone had one laying around there shop/hanger that they were willing to part with.

Larry

I will look late today or after Turkey Day - I have an old 3-blade GSC (KF 1 or 2) (532) and the spinner is cracked - may have the plate?  My spinner was not large - guessing 6" or 8" ?  If I have it I will give it to him.   I've got a couple of 12" undrilled, unused spinners with minor dents in them with new front and back plates I would sell.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Thanks Ed.  Please let me know.  The OEM one is 7"

Posted

Thanks Ed.  Please let me know.  The OEM one is 7"

Yes, 7" - Your friend got lucky.  Sending you a PM.   EDMO

Posted

Thanks Ed.  Will be in contact via PM.