Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

want to install HKS700E int Kitfox IV

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I want to install HKS 700E into my Kitfox IV. Its a 1999 Skystar Classic IV with a 503 and 154hr total  time. I have most everything I need except the engine mount and Green skys is reluctant to build just a mount......He has not said no and I would pay extra if he will do it... I could make a mount but for me it would be trial and error and I dont want to get into that...., HKS engine, then I guess Ill look at buying a factory new 582 and go that route... I can run a 2 stroke. I just  like  the HKS, it starts so easy, idles nice, I know it is not as powerful as a 582 or bigger but  I just want to fly around, no bush flying, done all I need for 5 life times in Alaska. Anyone has any idea how  I buy an HKS engine mount?????new, used, off a wreck maybe??????willingto pay top dollar$$$$

Mark smith   907-378-9632

1Engine Right side.JPG

7 Left Front..JPG

9 Engine left side.JPG

Posted

On my GUll 2000 the HKS bolts to aluminum  plates that bolt to the same holes the 503 used to bolt to.  Here you can see  the thick aluminum plates the HKS bolts to and then tthetheplaDSCN1168.thumb.JPG.300a555530b28782f2500DSCN1168.thumb.JPG.300a555530b28782f2500

Posted

Looks like a pretty simple install I bet you can figure something out

Posted

Maybe try Kitfox as well.  I talked to Tom at Green Sky last spring about an HKS mount for the Kitfox 1, and I didn't get the impression that he wouldn't make one.  I had an HKS used engine in mind at the time.  I know they had an HKS mounted on a Kitfox 2 at one point, maybe still do.   JImChuk

Posted

I would make you one if you were closer.  Without an engine to mock up though I would not be to excited to try and fab something that may not be quite right.

:BC:

Posted

Make something simple to mark where your prop flange should be, remove your 503 and set the HKS on the mount and see where you need to be from there.  Maybe some spacers or a new plate is all you need?  EDMO

Posted (edited)

I would say a couple pieces of aluminum channel Iron on the 503 mount or a few spacers and just use. what you got

Edited by TJay

Posted

yeah my hks  mounts like a buddys 503 in a avid .my avid with hks has a green sky mount.but the motor was bought from them also at the same time.Kinda surprised they wont help you out!!!!!

Posted

Build it!   From your posts Mark it is clear that you have the background to get it right!

I was intimidated by the idea of building a mount for my yamaha, but with some help, am glad I tackled it.  Learned alot, had fun doing it, and found it wasn't so bad to take on.

It is just so hard to shop out a one off custom job without bringing the plane and engine to the fabricator.

1 person likes this