Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

exwife

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Well my exwife came down to check on me. Ive had this cough for  3 months now and she insist I go see the doc so I promised her I will. I made my own medicine out 6 crushed  garlic cloves, honey, crushed ginger root, lemon and a cup of vodka. I always feel better and dont cough as much after drinking this mix so I think it is working.....

I have this old Carhardt jacket that I work in and it looks like worse than what most homeless guys wear so she felt sorry for me and bought me a new one!!!!! She also bought me a new electric range because my old one only had one burner that  worked but that is all I need, only use one burner at a time, anyway I now have this nice new glass top stove...!!!!  hinted about getting married again, but last time cost me over 100K, 2 planes and a house so I am a little gun shy as you might imagine.......but now Im free again to putter away on my planes.

My plan is to sell the gull and HKS engine and my ridge runner though dont really care if it sells it is such a blast to fly, like a crotch rocket with wings!! and fly my kitfoxIV with 503 until I win the lotto and then get a 912 and    put in it!!!

Old bush pilot  from Alaska, spent my life living  out of a duffle bag!!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I wont comment on this - Been there too many times!  What's that legal saying that Doug uses - Crevat empter? - Think it means, Bank account emptied!  ;<)  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
2 people like this

Posted

Interesting, any female I've parted ways with has no desire to see me again. You must have a hold on her.  Good luck and happy flying.

Posted

Interesting, any female I've parted ways with has no desire to see me again. You must have a hold on her.  Good luck and happy flying.

Mine neither - They are too rich to talk to a poor divorcee!  ;<)  EDMO

Posted

I've heard of that recipe before with minor modifications.  The guy said to mix everything except the vodka (in his case whiskey) in a cup, blending it well.  The whisky went in a second glass.  Take a sniff of the cup, put it well out of reach, and drink the whiskey by it's self , sipping is preferred.  You will feel better in a relatively short order, although the effect may not be as obvious in the morning.  In fact, side effects of the "medicine" may be noticeable,  ie, headache, dry mouth, irritability, upset stomach, ect, ect, ect....... Then again, that's in the future, most people live in the present..... Seriously, though, I wouldn't mess with that cough. Go see a doctor.  The guy who got me into flying came down with a cough and waited to long.  Turned out he had lung cancer.  And he hadn't smoked in about 40 years.  It got him in about 4 months.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

I've heard of that recipe before with minor modifications.  The guy said to mix everything except the vodka (in his case whiskey) in a cup, blending it well.  The whisky went in a second glass.  Take a sniff of the cup, put it well out of reach, and drink the whiskey by it's self , sipping is preferred.  You will feel better in a relatively short order, although the effect may not be as obvious in the morning.  In fact, side effects of the "medicine" may be noticeable,  ie, headache, dry mouth, irritability, upset stomach, ect, ect, ect....... Then again, that's in the future, most people live in the present..... Seriously, though, I wouldn't mess with that cough. Go see a doctor.  The guy who got me into flying came down with a cough and waited to long.  Turned out he had lung cancer.  And he hadn't smoked in about 40 years.  It got him in about 4 months.  JImChuk

Agree with JIm about that cough - See a Doctor and have pictures taken -  a CT will show what an xray wont!    A shot of Whiskey, Lemon juice and Honey was our old-time remedy for a sore throat, but never for a cough.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO