Landing light options

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks like the light will work with power sources between 9 and 60 Volts.

Those look like the ones I have.  EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I finally, after finding many answers like, "You cant do that", came across a place that gave an answer, which may or may not, be true: 

"To convert Lumens to Candlepower, divide the Lumens by 4 pi, or 12.57 to get the candlepower equivalent."  To convert Candlepower to Lumens, multiply the Candlepower by 12.57.  ???

Now to find how to convert "Watts ratings", (not Watts power used), to Lumens may be a different  chase?  But here goes:  It is about the same formula, making about a 750 Lumens bulb equal to a 60 watt rating bulb, depending on the efficiency of the bulb, which could be from 12.57 to 17.  Again, ???  Have fun finding the equivalent of your 3 million Candlepower spotlight in Lumens while wondering if it is False Advertising!  

I guess the only way to tell if something works is to try it.   EDMO 

Is this another "Sillymeter" conspiracy?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

The biggest thing for a good light is not really the rated lumens, or the "candlepower"  its the reflectors in the housing!  The worlds brightest light in a shitty housing and crappy reflector wont shine very far. 

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

The biggest thing for a good light is not really the rated lumens, or the "candlepower"  its the reflectors in the housing!  The worlds brightest light in a shitty housing and crappy reflector wont shine very far. 

:BC:

True - The only way to know is to see the results by trying it yourself.  EDMO

1 person likes this