MK4 STOL, average landing and T/O rolls?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Going to do some testing early next year, but was already interested to get some 'best' numbers from others out there?

1. TO roll
  2. TO roll to 50'
  3. Landing roll to stopped

Perhaps include weight and engine info, plus altitude/temp if applicable.

Thanks!  Sam.

Posted

Nobody?!

Posted (edited)

So dang many variables involved!

I could tell ya that my old KF2 532 could be off in 75ft and over a 50' obstacle in 150 as best numbers,  but that'd be solo out on a glare ice lake with a 25mph wind at 10F with 3 gall of gas! LOL  :)

Best numbers, but not realistic numbers at all.  The plane was usually a marginal performer.

My Maule had tiny tires and sat on 3 point with a really flat wing.  Took a long run to get that AOA to grab and pick her up.  Big tires and she'd a been off in half the distance.

Maybe post up which engine, prop, and wheels you are using and guys with similar can add in.

Edited by Yamma-Fox
1 person likes this

Posted

As was said, SOOOO many variables.  The empty weights vary so much as well as engine and prop combos, tuning, AOT, altitude, pilot technique etc.  You would get numbers all over the map.  The Book numbers I have found to be a bit on the BS side, but then again, I am running big tires and a lot heavier than the published numbers.

Your only true numbers will come from you flight testing and figuring out YOUR plane and your technique. 

:BC:

1 person likes this