Southeast Wisconsin

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Good morning everyone, Mike here. (Was just starting to feel creepy lurking without introducing myself). I’m a little northwest of Milwaukee. No plane or even license yet, but working on getting things organized and hopefully starting on at least the license soon. (Married 13 weeks now, and that took up the majority of my time this past year). I am very interested in either an avid or a kitfox for my first plane (wife told me she was on board with that idea), and just wanted to say that I really appreciate the site and the knowledge contained within. Thanks for letting me lurk...

4 people like this

Posted

Welcome, Mike!

Sent you a PM.

Posted

Welcome aboard!

Posted (edited)

So YOU'RE that creepy guy these guys are always talking about!

I kept thinking it was me!

LOL!

Welcome!

:BC:

Edited by Yamma-Fox
2 people like this

Posted

Wait! Are you saying I may not be the only one?! And I thought I was special...lol

3 people like this

Posted

Lol, if you think getting hitched took up the majority of your past few months you are in for some serious schooling! Being married is a full time job so my advice is to get your toys while you can...

1 person likes this

Posted

I couldn’t agree more, being the man and husband that my wife needs takes constant effort on my part! I meant that the focus of time and money this past year was preparing for our wedding. I did marry the best possible woman for me, who is very understanding and supportive of my hobbies and interests. (I tried to enter the marriage with as many toys as possible, but just couldn’t quite sneak an airplane in before the big day! Helps that I have been talking about it since we started dating though! Lol) 

2 people like this

Posted

Any plane prospects yet?  Target models / engines?

Posted

I've heard of a Kitfox 1 that may someday be up for sale in northern Mn.......  JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted

Hey guys, sorry it’s been a crazy past few days...My 8-10 year goal is to own two airplanes (guess we will see how realistic that actually is lol) We have an 11 year old that should be headed to college in 6-7 years, and ultimately I would like something comfortable and fast for cross country, be able to visit him for the weekend, just be able to travel with my wife, or travel as a family. I have always loved Mooney’s, and I feel like an m20f or similar would really fit that desire. I would like something smaller in the near future, something for airport hopping or popping around the state, something that just my son and I or my wife and I can enjoy, something with the ability for short field work. I feel as though a kitfox or avid would best fit that desire. Something that I can be more a part of. I am very interested in an rx1 or apex engine and what is involved with fitting one.

Posted

Good luck in your search for a plane Mike!

As far as the Yamaha, there are a few conversions popping up, but still a very rare motor in the air.

But I am working with an AFF member here who is at the moment pulling his Subaru and putting an rx1 motor in a KF4 up in the UP of MI.

He is not much of a social media / forum guy, but that helps him focus on getting szzit done!  I'm betting he'll have that plane done here in February sometime.  If you become more serious about a yamaha conversion, Ed's plane might be a good chance for you to look over to see how that is working for him.

You joined up on the Yam FB group yet?  My alais name over there is Anatoli.

Posted

EDMO, in this case I was referring to another Ed up in the UP of Michigan.

Posted (edited)

EDMO, in this case I was referring to another Ed up in the UP of Michigan.

I figured that much out.  I believe my nosedragger would be even a better candidate for the Yamma engine with the leading edges extended and lots of other mods.  But someone else will have to finish it with or without the Subaru engine.  Thanks for saying that I am not that Ed.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Sorry for the mixup Ed im MO!   My apologies!  The "other" Ed im question here is "Yooper Ed"... in the UP of MI.

And yes!  Your plane would be a great candidate for anyone shopping!  You know that I'd be on a flight down there if I were shopping!

1 person likes this