Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How do you remove scorched stains from Porcelan stove?

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Any Master Chefs here?  My wife wants a new kitchen stove, and I don't want to pay for one! - Seems like there are lots of small match-head sized brown spots on the white porcelain around the burners and on the gray grates.  Got any secrets for removing them without scratching the finish?  They seem really too hard to get off with scotchbrite - Maybe a chemical?  Ammonia don't work.  Thanks,  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I think we need a sub-forum for this too ed!

:lmao:

:BC:

Posted (edited)

I think we need a sub-forum for this too ed!

:lmao:

:BC:

Might be relevant to brown plane stains too, unless they are on the seat!  ;<)   We had  about a 12" square stain on a precision 20 foot square surface plate in the machine shop once - It looked like it might have been glue - tried some  chemicals on it and nothing happened - Finally, I accidently spilled some Coke on it and it came right off!  Ha!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Got it - 2 parts Baking soda, 1 part water, rub with rag - Works!  Now I showed her how, she can finish the other 99%!  Rub-a-dub-dub!  Ha!  EDMO

3 people like this

Posted

The best non-scratch cleaner/polisher we've found for our glass cooktop is a product called Cerama-bryte, I would think that would work dandy on porcelain too. Might also try a thick slurry of wood stove ash and water, makes a fine potassium hydroxide lye cleanser.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I was going to try some of my FITZ polish if the baking soda didn't work.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Newsflash to wrap this up - Wife used COMET cleanser  - said it worked better than my way!   I think she was trying to trick me into doing the cleaning. Ha!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO