Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Complete Aircraft, Original Mk IV Speed Wing Kit

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Folks, an acquaintance has a MkIV Speed Wing kit he bought new in 92.  The only thing that he did on it was paint the fuselage.  No engine but has the 3 blade wooden prop of the time..  Hit me up w/serious inquiry and I'll refer you.  He's not put it on the market yet but definitely wants to sell it.  Asking $6500  Located in Harrisonburg VA.

Edited by allonsye

Posted

Do you know is it a tricycle or have the option?  Any pics?  Does he have all parts except engine or what is missing?  Thanks Randy

Posted (edited)

How it was stored, overall condition, how many pieces were picked through, and What all is included will drive the price. Brakes, instruments, electric trim, inventoried hardware, fwf components, all affect the price. Unfortunately he has a 20+ year old pile of parts with a very small group of prospective buyers. I hope someone snatches it up but be prepared for low ball offers. 

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted

Any more info or answers to questions?  I'm about 2 hrs away straight up 81.

Posted

Hey guys,

Sorry for not monitoring my thread.  Again, I was told asking $6500.  I thought I might make an offer but presently I'm up to my neck in projects.  I've not had a chance to look at it but it's been stored in a controlled environment and it was complete from the factory minus the engine.  The only thing he did to it was paint the fuselage.  

Anyone seriously interested should contact Sheldon Early at Early's Motosports in Harrisonburg VA.  Mention that I put it out on the board.

paul

Posted

SOLD!  Thanks for the lead Paul.  Mr. Early was Super nice fellow.  Kit all packed up and ready to head to its new home for completion. :BC:

20180122_130815.jpg

20180122_143411.jpg

Posted

Very cool your gonna have fun with that one.  Are you gonna extend the wings or leave it a speed wing? Looks good.

Posted

I'm surely hoping so!!!  I would like to have the wings extended for a little extra safety margin but wasn't sure what the availability would be out there.  Left an email with Avid and have not heard back from them and then tonight got an email.  Mark advised Speedwing Ribs are ready and in stock to be used for an extension kit.  Just not sure what else it will take so will be working with them on that.  I definitely would like to do the widening of the fuse like Jim Chuk & Jared Payne did for extra shoulder width.  Yes for being basically 26 years old it is in rather good shape.  Few parts missing but I think we will be able to make it through it.

Posted

Randy-

I’m delighted a fellow forum inmate picked this project up. Moreover that you’re just up the road from me within mere minutes.   I hope I can come visit and check out the progress and soon - even help out and share tech back n forth.  I love new flying and Moto destIinations  

Cheers-:)

paul

Posted

I'm surely hoping so!!!  I would like to have the wings extended for a little extra safety margin but wasn't sure what the availability would be out there.  Left an email with Avid and have not heard back from them and then tonight got an email.  Mark advised Speedwing Ribs are ready and in stock to be used for an extension kit.  Just not sure what else it will take so will be working with them on that.  I definitely would like to do the widening of the fuse like Jim Chuk & Jared Payne did for extra shoulder width.  Yes for being basically 26 years old it is in rather good shape.  Few parts missing but I think we will be able to make it through it.

you can visit the mod i've made from a short speed in avid C section. results will come this summer, i showed it to a brilliant aero engineer http://www.protoplane.net/?lang=fr

and he was not afraid of this ;)

Posted

you can visit the mod i've made from a short speed in avid C section. results will come this summer, i showed it to a brilliant aero engineer http://www.protoplane.net/?lang=fr

and he was not afraid of this ;)

Where do I get one of them ultra's from?

Posted

tjay...directly at protoplane, near the pyrenees, you can contact the boss by phone, he is a busy man but very kind and smart

i flew passenger in a jabiru Ultra. it's a very soft and fast plane, you need air brakes to land 

1 person likes this