Pretty help in Jasper AL

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Do your home work on the different Avid Wings. The speed wing is a full 5 ft shorter than the standard 29ft wing. I have not personally flown one but from everything I’ve read they land fast and are not good short field performers. A lot of builders extended them out 2 ft on either end. It also has the small tail feathers. 

Posted

Funny thing, but I'm going to be in Jasper on Friday.  Driving through, and picking up some airplane parts on the way.  Not sure how much time I can spare, but maybe I could take a quick peek.  It the plane at the airport?  JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted

Chris,  I sent you a private message.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Jim you should get an award for always helping people out ha. Either your making phone calls for people, Taking measurements or looking at airplanes. Nice work.

Edited by TJay
3 people like this

Posted

What is the difference in performance for the speed wing?  Also, what is gained by adding the 2 feet to the wings, and what is involved in doing it?  Doing the work doesn't bother me, but I would need some kind of direction.

Posted

Funny thing, but I'm going to be in Jasper on Friday.  Driving through, and picking up some airplane parts on the way.  Not sure how much time I can spare, but maybe I could take a quick peek.  It the plane at the airport?  JImChuk

On your way to the coast for the winter again?

Posted

You got it.  Timing couldn' be better for Chris.  Drove 710 miles today. That' enough.  JImChuk

Posted

Jim you should get an award for always helping people out ha. Either your making phone calls for people, Taking measurements or looking at airplanes. Nice work.

X2 - or more.  EDMO

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks to all who helped, especially Jim!  With his help and advice, I went to Jasper over the weekend and purchased the plane.  It was a huge help to have someone knowledgable to discuss the issues we found.  We are now safe at home in Houston with a new plane.  Merry Christmas to me.

Thanks again all.

Chris

3 people like this

Posted

Congrats on getting the plane!  Look forward to seeing more pics and stories on it in the future!

:BC: