IMG_0570.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Still available?

Posted

post-15-0-41021200-1423265063.jpg Sorry, it was sold 

1 person likes this

Posted

I know everybody's back is different, but I've found that the sling seat was way easier on my back.  With the fiberglass seat I had to put a pillow down in the small of my back,  or it would start to ache in a half hour or so.  It kind of felt like your rear was to far back, and you were leaning forward.  YMMV.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Question:  The above photo shows the radiator scoop under the front of the engine - Was this the standard, original 532/582 radiator mounted crossways under the back of the scoop?  How did it work?  Guess OK?  Could this be used like the Kitfox scoop under the fuselage?  Would it help with drag of radiator?

Nick,  I have a Kitfox seat or two (the only one I can get to is bent but probably could be heated, or cut, and straightened), but shipping should probably cost too much unless cut.  I agree with Jim although I have never sat in a sling seat.  I think you can find some 16" wide thin boat seats that would be more comfortable than the FG seat, or figure out how to make something on your own that fits you better.   Maybe form the base out of aluminum sheet?   From the photos I have seen of you, there is a lot of difference between you and my skinny little ass!  Ha!

I was never comfortable in the FG seats.    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I'm not sure if the Kitfox and Avid fiberglass seats are actually different, but the FG seat in the Kitfox 1 didn't bother my back as much as the FG seat in the Avid.  Then again, if the same FG seat was tipped forward rather than being somewhat reclined, you might find it hurts the back more then.  Maybe they sit in the planes differently.  JImChuk

Posted

I was wondering how to get an inch or two legroom, sounds like the fiberglass seat is one way, but might swap back discomfort! Thanks Guys

Posted (edited)

I was wondering how to get an inch or two legroom, sounds like the fiberglass seat is one way, but might swap back discomfort! Thanks Guys

Nick,  I may have this right - The higher the seat, at least the higher your knees, the less legroom needed.  Of course, you have to have enough headroom to raise the seat.  I raised my wings up 6" and my thick Cabellas boat seats, like Suberavids, raise me up about 6" or more from where the FG seat would have my butt and knees, therefore with my already short legs I have to move the pedals about 4" or more closer to the seat.  Try sitting on a piece of plywood or something and see what works - maybe put some thick books or a cushion under your knees?  I don't think the FG seat would raise your knees any higher unless you could put more padding under you?   Our J3 seats were just plywood with foam and covering on them.  The Luscombe seats were made from lawn chairs and padded.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

I use a foam lumbar support with my MK IV fiberglass seat and the difference is amazing, I can set in it for hours with it.