Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Seat construction

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Why is it when guys carve seat foam they build up the sides with small triangle pieces of foam?

I have my fabric and my confoam is ordered so just starting to brainstorm.

Posted (edited)

Why is it when guys carve seat foam they build up the sides with small triangle pieces of foam?

I have my fabric and my confoam is ordered so just starting to brainstorm.

I think it keeps the small asses from sliding out of the seat sideways - larger ones don't have that problem!   Guess it is more comfortable?   Your choice.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

makes it mo comfy!

:BC:

Posted

A lot of supercub seats in alaska have that  added. with long range tanks ina cub yuou canstay up for  6-8 hours non stop and so the flared sides and higher bak on the seat help.

Still after 2 hours in a supper cub I always wanted to roll inverted and hang by the straps for a while....!!

1 person likes this

Posted

I helped my brother in law get a 135 air taxi certificate back in 1989. He worked construction all his life and wanted to try something different.He now has a 180hp supercub, a Scout and a Cessna 182 and 100% of  his  work it finding and helping to dart or net gun animals so they can be collared and studied. His cub can stay up for 9hr! before it needs fuel. He has one of those seat special made with a high back and flared sides. He tracks moose, bear, sheep, and even does lots of work in Montanana and  daho for their fish and game tracking animals for capture. He knows a lot about all the different animals and before he took up flying was a hard core trapper and hunter. Anyway he has ove 14,000 hours now doing this kind of work. I could not stand to sit in a super cub that long but like he told me once, "its easier than bucking form boards and pouring concrete".

1 person likes this