WTB Avid IV control stick

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I just bought a Avid IV but missing the right control stick. I would like to find one to match the other stick which is chromed. 

Posted

No need for a right stick. Haven't had one in mine for years.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I just bought a Avid IV but missing the right control stick. I would like to find one to match the other stick which is chromed. 

Can you post a photo and tube sizes?  I have a few sets of Kitfox sticks, black, silver?, gold, chromed, but don't know if any of them would match.  Might also sell a matched pair?   Try the New Avid Company owner on the site here - maybe get one from him?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

tube is .75 od 

IMG-0432.JPG

IMG-0434.JPG

Posted (edited)

None of mine are shaped exactly like that.  Maybe new Avid Company owner will get started selling soon?   Sorry,  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Thanks anyway I found a guy in OK that is parting out a IV on craigslist I will try next.

Posted

Thanks anyway I found a guy in OK that is parting out a IV on craigslist I will try next.

Has it been wrecked?  Any chance you could put the link up after you see about what you want?   Someone on here is always needing parts.  EDMO

Posted

Looking at the shape of the rudder, I would say it's not a MK IV.   Joysticks should be the same though.  He seems to value his parts and pieces to a high degree........ JImChuk

Posted

I have a set of these. I will post a picture as soon as I can get over to my storage unit.

Posted

Thanks I appreciate that.

Posted

Vance, did you have a chance to check if you had a control stick? If you have one I am interested in buying one. I have a Granddaughter that I want teach.  Thanks

Posted

Vance, did you have a chance to check if you had a control stick? If you have one I am interested in buying one. I have a Granddaughter that I want teach.  Thanks

I can bend some up if you want one but it wont be chromed.  I get home the 20th and can knock one out for you.

:BC:

Posted

That would be great. I was going to hold out for a chrome one but I can get that done.  Let me know wha you need for it and shipping. thanks

1 person likes this

Posted

Does anyone else need one while I am bending them?  I have 3 to make so I may as well knock out a bunch while I am doing it.  I will check into the shipping but I cant see it being very much shipped USPS priority.  25 bucks for a stick and maybe 12-15 for shipping :dunno:

Posted

Just for future reference the model 1 kitfox uses a 7/8 .058 aluminum tubing.

1 person likes this

Posted

I’m sorry it took so long to get back to you. Winter in Idaho. I just don’t get out to the storage often. 

So I do have a set but it appears someone cut them down. I took a picture. You might be able to extend them somehow and cover it with the pad. I threw one in my plane and I don’t like the shorter length. Looks to be a couple inches shorter compared to the other photos. 

Let me know. 

83B87D54-26F3-4BE8-8007-BE42E7372EBE.jpeg

Posted

Vance, I will take one. I can do like you say and extend then cover with handle. Let me know what you want for it and I will send you a check. 

Posted

I sent you a PM

Posted

akflyer I guess that I am not needing you to bend me a stick now but thank you. 

1 person likes this