Beautiful day to fly

7 posts in this topic

Posted

The weather in CA has been amazing lately. After a few phone calls last night I was able to round up a few guys to hit a couple local spots today. 

F84514C8-1E22-4330-AFD0-EE185DCBD777.jpeg

7BE2D775-EC7A-4D25-A12B-5DF84F484ADD.jpeg

12258662-2C20-47C2-944C-29F4311C1E15.jpeg

D69A7AF5-174D-414C-8303-2D63DFE819BC.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You are lucky Joey to live there.  Day and night temps in Mizery are hovering around Zero F, and not enough snow to use skis.  Barometer near record at 30.85.   Guess that is better than the 60" of snow up in PA, but still keeps me inside and grounded.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

You win Joey,  you have the biggest tires there.  Nice pics, Have fun.  JImChuk

Posted

Yup and the 180 with 8.50s landed all the same places I did today. Big tires are cool but I urge people to seriously evaluate the performance loss vs the thought process of “needing” them or “wanting” them before going down that road. The weight and drag take their toll with a 582 for sure. 

2 people like this

Posted

Yup and the 180 with 8.50s landed all the same places I did today. Big tires are cool but I urge people to seriously evaluate the performance loss vs the thought process of “needing” them or “wanting” them before going down that road. The weight and drag take their toll with a 582 for sure. 

Oh yeah.  I'll be putting 8.50s on my 7 when I finally get it home.  Bigger tailwheel too though.  8" pneumatic. 

Posted

When I first wrote my last post, I had:  you have the biggest......... tires there.  Then I changed it.   :lmao:JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Is that La Garita?