Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB LH Kitfox Landing Gear

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking to buy an OEM LH Kitfox Model 1 thru 4 landing gear, preferrably complete with original Kitfox wheels and brakes. Shoot me a PM with a price!

Posted

Which wheels and brakes  do you need? I have Hurst/airhart brakes on mine with 8 inch wheels. They are kind of uncommon anymore most have been updated.  Mike

DSC00202.JPG

DSC00200.JPG

DSC00199.JPG

Posted

Yep that's exactly what I'm looking for, mine were never updated so they were the stock wheels and brakes from when it was built in 1988.

Posted

I found some parts for mine on Fleabay,  I used go-cart or hurst brakes for my search. Wheels might be a hard one. You might want to consider upgrading. Mike

Posted

The wheels themselves would not be to difficult to find.  They are the regular Douglas wheels without the lugs welded on that hold the brake rotor in place on the later Kitfox wheels.  With these brakes, the rotor is fastened to the hub, not the wheel.  I had this same brake and wheel set up on my Kitfox 1.  If one buys new Douglas wheels, get the ones with the 3 holes in them, and then drill out the other 3.  This brings up another point.  Being as how you have this old style of brakes, none of the later Kitfox gear legs will work without some modification.  You will need to weld in a piece of steel that the brake assemble can bolt to.  With the Avids  and later Kitfoxes, the brake assembly bolts on where the axel comes out of the landing gear.  Here is a picture of an Avid gear leg.  It's on skis, but still you can see what I'm talking about.  JImChuk

new skis 002.jpg

Posted

My selling door closed today - reporting to hospital Monday for more treatments - might be able to do something the week of 22 to 26 Jan.?  

Barry,  I will try to find VGs this weekend.   EDMO

Posted

No problem, I'm in no big hurry. Praying the treatments go well.

Posted

You had never said if you wanted what I quoted.  EDMO

Posted (edited)

I was just looking at Summit racing's site for the 8" douglas wheels. Didn't see any 3 hole ones with the right diameter.  Maybe if someone can read the douglas part # off their Kitfox wheels, they would be easier to find.  I do know that I've seen them before, just can't find it now. Also, other things to consider with the wheels, is the width of the wheel, and offset of the center mounting plate.  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

I think Joey posted all the douglas numbers a while back.  EDMO

Posted

You had never said if you wanted what I quoted.  EDMO

Still weighing my options, thanks

Posted

Old mini bike warehouse has a large selection of douglas wheels.   www.ombwarehouse.com