Injection oil

9 posts in this topic

Posted

So, what is everyone using for mix oil on a 582. I was using AV 2. But looks like it's not available in the U.S..

Thanks

Rick

Posted

Pennzoil regular 2 stroke oil. As in not synthetic or a synthetic blend.

To add a bit if fuel to the fire, anyone have opinions on synthetic? I run Penn 100% in my Merc race engines (outboards) with the plated cylinders, and it works great. I run 30:1 but it runs close to 8000rpms. No problem with carbon deposits...

Posted

Amsoil Interceptor for oil injection Or Saber 100-1 for pre mix gets my vote

Posted

For two strokes, I've been running Citco Sea and Snow since Pennsoil got to be ridiculously priced.  It works good for me.  Leni kind of sold it for me when he said him and his friends got a 55 gallon barrel for everything 2 stroke that they own.  If it worked good on snowmobiles turning 7000-9000 rpm, it should be good in my engine cruising around at 5500 rpm or less.  Running aereshell 100 in the Jabiru since the overhaul/rebuild  though.   JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Amsoil Interceptor for oil injection Or Saber 100-1 for pre mix gets my vote

That’s what I’ve ran the past 450 hrs. Spendy though!!!

Posted

Amsoil HP marine.

Posted

Was running Citgo sea and snow at 50:1 when running the oil injector. Carboned up the Pistons to the point of almost stuck rings. Engine had approx 250 hrs. Had it run another 50, rings definitely would have stuck. Decarboned engine and removed injector to run premix now with 25ish hrs. Using Amsoil Saber at 100:1. Really like it! Engine runs smoother, I go through less oil, don't have to carry as much oil, exhaust less smokey. Same cost as Citgo per gallon of gas. The technician at Leaf recommended this oil. Your results may very

Posted

The 582 in my trike gets the Amsoil interceptor for the oil injection, Amsoil Saber 100:1 for the rotary shaft. Couldn't be happier with the results.

Posted

Thank you for the information. Looks like the Amsoil Interceptor oil.

Rick