Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 2 exhaust system

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Im looking for a  complete exhaust for a kitfox 2 with a 582rotax if someone has one for sale.....

just email me if you do exfaa@outlook.com

Posted

What was wrong with the old one? Zadwit, did you buy that KF2 over in Eastern WA? I live in Wenatchee and am working on getting my new KF1 project off the ground. HIt me up sometime, us newbies gotta stick together.

Posted

I bought the KF2 from a farmer in  Colfax. It has bush gear but a blown engine... Ive been ripping the wiring out and will  install a kuntzleman hotbox to clean up the wiring...I sent my  700 hour 582 grey  head to Canada to be inspected and overhauled it if can but it might cost the same as just buying a new engine, just dont know yet..Ive been stripping stuff out of it to lighten it up. It weighs a little over 500# empty.

watermark 1.jpg

watermark.jpg

watermark2.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Call Kitfox I’d love to hear their answer 

Posted

what engine does it have in it in the pics?  you cant use the exhaust of the previous engine?

Posted

THey are both 582s .. Yes I can use my exhaust, I was just looking for one to send out to have ceramic coated. last time I sent one it took 3 months!! I just wanted a spare but I really dont need one. The guy who cut the elbo it "dave" kitfox flyer from canada, he has you tube videos...I thought it was interesting what he had to say about how kitfox shortened the elbo to make it fix inside the cowling but it cost the engine power....My understanding is that most two strokes thedistance from the exhasut flange to the muffler is critical  but it gets into high power math and pressure pusles and all that for tuned pipes...I jsut want a reliable enngine and I need to learn exactly how to care for it to have the best chance....of making it work forme....

1 person likes this

Posted

I just thought there might be someone out there who removed their 582 and installed a 912 or some other engine where thier  exhaust would not work.... thats all. I have a perfectly good exhaust system..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I just thought there might be someone out there who removed their 582 and installed a 912 or some other engine where thier  exhaust would not work.... thats all. I have a perfectly good exhaust system..

Here you go buddy let me know If you like what you see. I can get it mailed out asap for you.

100_1320.JPG

100_1321.JPG

Edited by TJay

Posted

I better hold off a bit. I got bigger problems now.My 582 is destroyed so I  need to find an engine and not sure what I will turn up. I posted what theRotax service center found with my engine, less than 30 hrs since overhaul but a US overhauled and they are appaled at what they found inside.....inside of cases painted, bearing set nLoctite which eventually plugged the bearing, which overheated and came apart and took out the RV shaft...

Its the right muffer.. I just need to find an engine now....!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Deal is open for everyone $350 plus shipping Noticed a small dent in the actual muffler part I could pull it out for you if you would like and slight surface rust. Nothing you couldn't sand out. Let me know.