Avid for sale on Craigslist

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Nice little bird

Posted

Very nice 

Posted

Agreed. Nice plane good price. Seems like it’s one more indicator of a continually softening aviation market and less people flying.

Posted

I thought it might have a registration issue but N933RB looks legit on the FAA registry. Why hasn't someone snapped this one up?

Posted

Eventually someone will and they will be quite happy. It's rare to find one with the nosewheel weldment. That makes a huge difference in the value because it can be setup tri or tail! I was just commenting that I think it not being snapped up is an indication of general aviation dying and a surplus of planes being the result. Makes for some good deals if one has extra cash on hand!

Posted

I sent the guy an email with an offer, will see where it goes.  Long way from Texas though.

Posted

Looks like the add has been up for 22 days.  He should be willing to deal by now if he really wants to sell.  JImChuk

Posted

That was my thought...wife decided she wanted to fly in something low and slow....My current Avid has issues with weight....being able to turn it back into a taildragger is definitely a plus for me.

Posted

Eventually someone will and they will be quite happy. It's rare to find one with the nosewheel weldment. That makes a huge difference in the value because it can be setup tri or tail! I was just commenting that I think it not being snapped up is an indication of general aviation dying and a surplus of planes being the result. Makes for some good deals if one has extra cash on hand!

Have to also take into consideration that with Basic Med, people who were concerned with a medical can now buy bigger.  Just a thought.

Posted

I sent the guy an email with an offer, will see where it goes.  Long way from Texas though.

Great cross country flight though!!?? JImChuk

Posted

That was my thought...wife decided she wanted to fly in something low and slow....My current Avid has issues with weight....being able to turn it back into a taildragger is definitely a plus for me.

well if the wife insist. Guess Ill buy another airplane. Ha:)

2 people like this

Posted

Got an email back, they say that the plane is sold.