Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

912s for sale in england

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Check these out... craigslist London and Craigslist Aberdeen. Type in "rotax 582" or just Rotax

There are a couple of nice looking 582s and some 912s and914s....is it a scam??? More likely these are salvage engines from wrecks....prices are too bad but not sure if you pay duty  on shipping them to the states....the seller offered FEDEX shipping which is good....take a look and post back what you think... blue head 582 are hard to find in the US it seems...

Posted (edited)

I haven't checked out the ads you mentioned, but there should be hundreds of military, used, "run out", 912 engines.  I think they were used in drones - some drones were used for target practice.  Maybe used in other Countries too?  Could be timed out or from wrecks?  One guy in Front Royal, Virginia was selling one that was probably military surplus "never flown" but maybe used in test bed.   I think that some of the early ones now have expensive ADs too.  I am probably the most uninformed about Rotax engines, but Buyer Beware!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I guess there is a chance they are legit, if you knew someone over there who you trusted to handle the money, shipping, and have a look at them, maybe.  But I would be scared of anything.  Although, I once sent a guy 2000 miles away that I had never dealt with $8000 for an engine, and it all worked out good.  You pay your dues and takes your chances...... JImChuk

Posted

There have been a lot of rotax engine stolen in the UK so just be very careful 

Posted

There have been a lot of rotax engine stolen in the UK so just be very careful 

Wondering if someone in UK might have a database of stolen serial numbers?   EDMO

Posted

We have all been told to take the engine numbers down but it is a massive problem in the UK and they are just cutting all the wires, pipes and taking the engines, props still attached to the mount at night and there have been a huge amount gone missing 

Posted

Scam I believe. Ask for pics and you won't get any from a guy who says he's in France. Asking prices are too low. 

Posted

Need a 3rd party person to go physically check them out, otherwise no way would I send any money over...I still think it could be legit salvage from wrecks....

Posted (edited)

Need a 3rd party person to go physically check them out, otherwise no way would I send any money over...I still think it could be legit salvage from wrecks....

Could be government salvage from run-out drones?  I'm sure the UK military is like ours, "it's only taxpayer money"!  ;<)  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I'm retired now but I have flown through all the military assets in the middle east and 912's on pallets was a common sight. I know nothing about the for sale ad. I used to look at those pallets with envy. I once asked an air force load master where they shipped them and he said back to Germany.  I never hauled any that I know of but made countless trips to Ramstein.