Better Avid Gear

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi ak 

more than likely I’ll need gear for a magnum, taller ,wider , rubber puck ,in your opinion is 1.25 in. Good for the 1750# 

mto magnum 

thx rjg 

IMO,  You would probably break the four attachment bolts before damaging the steel 1.25 axles - They have been used on heavier planes than yours.  Not much difference in the 1.25 and the 1.5 axle strengths.   I don't know about aluminum, if that is what Matco makes, but I think the weakest part would be the attachment plate on the axle.  ???  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hi ak 

more than likely I’ll need gear for a magnum, taller ,wider , rubber puck ,in your opinion is 1.25 in. Good for the 1750# 

mto magnum 

thx rjg 

If your talking Axle size then I would say yes.  Many many cubs are still running 1.25" axles. 

Posted

Have you considered using a hydrasorb with bungees like the supercub use .They provide the tunability with the bungees and the dampening of the shock.They are not cheap new ,but you can usually fine them used for a lot less. The piper PA 20 and 22 also use them but in a different configuration but will work the same way as they do in the supercub if installed in the strut.

They bolt into the the strut and form the top section of the strut on the supercub gear.

u12998-003__92411.1373911872.1280.1280.j

1 person likes this