ANR Hedset - is it worth it?

ANR Headset - is it worth the money?   14 votes

1. 1. Do you use an ANR Headset?

2. 2. Are you happy with your ANR Headset (is it efficient and worth the money)?

• I already told you I don't use one...
    • It's not bad but not a big difference with a good passive headset
    • Oh, yes, it is really nice
    • Sometimes I have to make sure the engine is still running
  3. 3. What engine are you running ( most ANR headsets are better with 4 strokes than 2 strokes and best with direct drive 4 strokes...)?

• 2 stroke
    • 4 stroke reducted
    • 4 stroke direct drive
  4. 4. If you have an ARN Headset that you are happy with please post brand and model in a comment. Any +/- infor is always welcome, thanks for replying!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I was talking to John McBean recently and I was telling him about my radio/headset issue. He made the statement "even the best radio is only as good as your headset." I believe he was right on target. I have an old Delcom handheld radio out in my shop that I've had for probably 20 years. KTTA is only about 7 miles away and I can listen to every plane that goes and comes. I've always noticed how some come in loud and clear and others not so much. Often I can hear lots of engine noise. I'm convinced their headsets are the #1 cause. The difference in my radio with the Lightspeed Zulu 3 verses my old Avcom headset is like night and day. I'm not trying to push any one brand of headset over another. Whatever works best for you! But even the best radio is worthless if no one can understand you. And I can't think of the words to describe how much I like the ANR feature. James Thomas 

3 people like this