FYI: Kitfox IV 1200 rotax 582 for sale Missoula Montana

8 posts in this topic

Posted

This is NOT my plane. This came up for sale on the Kitfox facebook group and I wanted to pass along the info here. Please direct any questions about this plane to the contact info below.

The contact email for the person selling this aircraft is: Greg2598@gmail.com

His name and number is: Greg Moran 406-239-0154

Info on aircraft:

$15,000 OR BEST OFFER!! 1996 kitfox IV with the 2 stroke rotax I am posting this for a good friend. He is not on Facebook. He has all documentation of the build and videos of it flying. It has been sitting in a heated garage for the last 15 years approximately. More pics in comments. He can email pics and videos to an honestly interested buyer. He also has a full album of the build per FAA regulations. Location Missoula, Montana. This plane has never seen rain.....always garaged and about 35hrs flight time. N103GM

kf1.jpg

kf2.jpg

Posted

Call FAA Registry and ask them. They are in OKC   405 954-3116 or 405 -954-3284 (?)   If owner failed to renew the registration, they hold the "N" number in suspension for 5 yrs then reassign it... Just call and ask. It might be as simple as the owner filling out an aircraft application for registration and mailing it along with $5 to the aircraft registry office in OKC.

This is  a common occurrence.0( Retired FSDO Inspector)..

1 person likes this

Posted

I just went through the process of an expired N number. I just submitted the 8050-1 and -2 forms along with the $5 check and a few weeks later I was the registered owner with the same N # and current registration.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ive been talking with this guy the past few days. Registration is expired. Everything else appears valid so it shouldn’t be to hard to get registered. It is also still in Phase 1 so a new test area will need to be established. Not sure what all is involved in that process. Be a sweet plane if someone could get it for 10-12K. 

Posted

I had to change the test area on my Avid MK IV when I first got it.  Had to have the FAA inspect the plane, because it had a pre 1991 registration.  They changed some of the regs than and I know that later major changes were not such a big deal as they had been before.  Probably the same with moving the test area.  JImChuk

Posted

Wish it were closer or at least further south.