Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CAN ANYONE TRANSLATE A GERMAN DOCUMENT?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My wife just got a German / Prussian document which we thought was the 1824 birth certificate of her Great-Great Grandfather MICHAEL KAPPERT who came to America about 1847.  We now think that this Heinrich may have been his brother and the Michael and Machtildis Capput may be their parents.  Is there anyone who can translate and type it out for us in English?  Maybe it is something else?  I can send it to you on a PM.  Confusing, if it is, because paper is dated 28 Dec 1839.  Maybe you could just tell us what it is, if not something to do with birth or parents?  We think it connects to my wife's family.  Thanks,  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I speak German and might be able to shed some light. :P

Posted (edited)

I speak German and might be able to shed some light. :P

Thanks,  I enlarged and darkened this and sent it to you in a PM - I can make out a few words, like towns, but not enough to understand it.  EdMO

Scan0472.jpg

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hey EDMO, for starters this is a not a birth certificate but instead it is a ....death certificate from 1839!!! I am having a little trouble reading some of the handwriting...I will have another good look tomorrow morning ... brain works better then it seems.

Posted (edited)

Hey EDMO, for starters this is a not a birth certificate but instead it is a ....death certificate from 1839!!! I am having a little trouble reading some of the handwriting...I will have another good look tomorrow morning ... brain works better then it seems.

Thanks so much - I will be waiting to hear if you learned more.  The Heinrich could be father (or son/brother) of Michael who is also on the paper?  We also don't know the connection to the Noam? Capput and Gertrude Schmitz on there.    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Laurent,  Thanks so much for the additional translations you sent.  There is always some unanswered questions involving researching ancestors that far back.  Fortunately, my parental ancestors came here in the early 1600s so I have that part of my line complete back to England before that time.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO