Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuel pump

3 posts in this topic

Posted

If you want to run two fuel pumps, can they be in line? And run one at a time? If one fails will the other pump push through or suck through the other one? Also is it better to push fuel or

pull fuel, what do pumps like? Sounds like push, so maybe mount them down by the day tank behind the seat. 

Posted (edited)

Pumps can be piped up either way, depending on the pump.  Some have check valve(s) and some don't (both forward and back check valves).  Facet site has a chart with lots of valves, model numbers, pressures they produce, how high they will lift fuel, whether they have forward check valves, backward check valves, both, or no check valves, and type of fittings.  The round ones (Gold series?) have removable screens in them.  I like them better.   All of them push fuel up to some height - they don't pull.   I might have one, or two, to sell if you need one, either one square or two round, depending on what you need.  I don't know prices.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hi 

I have two facet pumps in line ( see picture below) one is on continuous and the other is a back up for take off and landing 

Screenshot_20180124-195031.png