Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SuFu howdy!

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Not wanting to be rude, I’ll introduce myself. 

New flyer. Got the bug in 1979 in HS and the life occured! About a year ago my FABTASTIC wife, knowing of my wants, suggested I get after it...so I DID. I will admit that she was  ore than a little miffed when she came back from vacation and found a GT400 in the garage! That moved up to a Challenger II and now has a HH as a hanger mate. 

I look forward to the continuous learning curve that comes with flying and will dig around in the back ground reading and learning as things develop. 

Y’all take care

Posted

Welcome.  Fun is definitely the name of the game.  Read, ask and learn.  But mostly don't be shy.

Posted

As Pocahantis once said, "Welcome Columbus"!   Any questions you have will probably get several (maybe different) answers.  EDMO

Posted

As Pocahantis once said, "Welcome Columbus"!   Any questions you have will probably get several (maybe different) answers.  EDMO

ha- I think it was Lincoln who wrote “don’t beleive everything you read on the internet! Pocahontas- love it !!! LOL 

So far, I’ve spent quite a bit of time just reading the posts. Really like the forum. I have been utterly amazed at the open welcomeness (is that a real word?) in the flying community. Yes, I’ve gotten some good natured ribbing here and there yet, for the most part it’s been truly great! 

Well- other than some of my GA friends asking when I’ll get a “real” plane...hell, why would I do that when I can have two “toy” planes!

2 people like this

Posted

The best thing about this site, except for the excellent members, is that you have the freedom to express any thoughts and not be banned for deviations from "standard" building of your bird.  You might get some better ideas, or negative input, or warnings that what you are doing may not be safe, but we believe "to each his own", and no one has to "conform".  Leni just lets us post up, and I think he enjoys a good battle!  Ha!  A lot of have flown "real" planes, but now enjoy our "toys" even more.   Post up about your toys - We love photos.  EDMO 

2 people like this

Posted

When I started this mission a few months ago, the man most instrumental in getting me going (Micheal Robbins) said, “you need to define your mission and then decide on a ship from there.”

Well- at the time the mission was to get into the air. That has morphed a little. I started and, continue to fly Challengers (CHII specifically) and while I can land mine in a couple of hounded feet and take off in less...they’re not really meant to do that in scrub or river bank. Hence- the recently acquired Avid HH. I’ve had a few TD lessons (one from my CFI and a couple from friends in TC and a PA11....Fun!) yet, I am REALLY looking forward to this AVID. 

Posted

Welcome and make yourself at home. Keep living the dream and hold on to that wife of yours.