Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lincoln CA Airport Day

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Flew up to Lincoln this morning to meet the Cub guys. Great bunch of dudes who like flying low and slow. A couple of other interesting things showed up too. I love the old J-3's.. very cool airplanes. Really took me back shooting the shots of them in the grass.

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

The Cubs departing

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

Oh ya hauling the mail!!

IMG_0761.jpg

Posted

Nice pics! I really wish we had more flyins around here! There are a couple every year around the state, but nothing like you guys have down south with one going on damn near every weekend.

Put a few hours on my brothers short wing death trap getting my Zodiak and decoys etc from the duck cabin. Was snowing like a sumbiatch at 2500' as I was crossing the inlet yesterday afternoon.. WTF, this is spose to be summer time :lol:

:BC:

Posted

Looks like a great fly-in; thanks for sharing the pics. Love those simple airplanes. I think I am more impressed by builders that can keep their airplanes simple than the super high tech glass everything cockpits. Was the Mustang a reproduction kit built one?

It is a lot of fun getting together with other pilots and hangar flying. Like Leni said, we need to have more of those events up here. Looks like we just need to make that happen! Saying that just as I am about ready to take my avid apart and start moving parts over to the Avid +. Jack is going to help me transfer the wings next Sat so I will be without a plane for a while. Will have to make a last flight in the Avid this week. undecided.gif

Posted

Thanks guys! The Mustang was a Thunder Mustang replica. This was not really a Fly-in. In California if you have a plane that is over 35 years old and "display" it 10 times a year you get a huge tax break. They do these display days a lot so they can sign the roster and get their tax break. I think it's nicer just hanging out with pilots than dealing with the public.