Document holder ideas

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here's a strange one for you guys. What are you using to store your AW cert, registration, W&B, and Operating Limitations? In my B model I have a little clear plastic sleeve that I velcro'd in behind my seat on the side of the fuse. I looked on Amazon and the store today and I can't find any of those plastic sleeves in less than a 25 pack. Found an aircraft document holder on Amazon for $15 but I'm too cheap to spend that kind of money on something like that. Sportys and the other big name places carry them but I'm sure shipping would be cost more than the item. Curious what ingenious ways you guys have dreamt up to display your stuff.

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted (edited)

I used one of wife's Ziplock freezer bags on one plane - Donno if they will last as long as heavier plastic - Didn't keep plane that long.  I have seen some clear plastic make-up pouches with a zipper at top that daughter used - heavier than Ziplocks - Dollar store / Walmart?  Ask your wife!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I had my wife sew up a pouch with a clear plastic "window" on one side.  Used a couple of zip ties to tie it to one of the tubes behind the seat.  Clear plastic is toward the front, and so you can see the AW cert. and other paper work in the pouch.  Velcro on the top to keep it closed.  It probably is about 6" wide, and 5" high.   JImChuk

Posted (edited)

We got some clear plastic "protectors" for book covers at UPS store - Flexible-Don't crack, and maybe .020" thick,  Could be sewn onto a backing, or use two of them for a pouch.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Dollar general kids school pencil holder for a binder, 79 cents. Mike

Posted

mines in a Ziploc bag under the seat fabric :lol:  same place I stash my key.

:BC:

Posted

.97 cent Walmart photo album page did the trick. I shrunk my operating limitations down so it fit on one page.

47A8E091-41BB-4A6A-98A5-35C0582C3C50.jpeg

60F12F91-A585-469C-91F1-2C9AB7909C29.jpeg

Posted

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I thought the AW cert was supposed to be displayed where it was readily visible????   JImChuk

Posted

Look at all those extra pages. Guess you're going have to build more airplanes.

Posted

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I thought the AW cert was supposed to be displayed where it was readily visible????   JImChuk

I am a rebel.  It will be readily visible if anyone asks to see it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I use a clear “pencil pocket”- I think .50¢ at Dollar General. Added benefit is the grommets used to snap it into a 3 ring binder make dandy places to run some zip-strips!

Edited by Columbus